Spam cans Need info on them.

Divernhunter

Handloader
Apr 1, 2009
I have 4 spam cans that are 7,62X54R (at least 2 of them. I also have a lead looking one that has 7.62X39 ammo. Then there are 2 sealed plastic bags(battle packs) that I am sure are 7.62X39. I bought them years ago and forgot about them. What I need to know is what are they for sure and how many rounds in each? What are they worth since I plan to sell them? Are they brass or steel cases?
I do not want to open them if I can avoid it. Thanks for any help you can give me,ammo.JPGammo1.JPGammo3.JPGammo4.JPG

Attachments

• Ammo5.JPG
    Ammo5.JPG
    206.8 KB · Views: 7
I'm not an expert, but I think I can answer some of your questions.

The 440 round cases are likely 7.62x54r, while the 720 round case is almost certainly 7.62x39. I do not know of any milsurp that is not steel case, the question being really if they are plain or lacquered. They are all likely steel core, as well (both x54r and x39).

Date of manufacture on the top two pics appears to be 1967. Zak is light ball; steel core.

The ChiCom looks to be 1964 manufacture for the Type 56 in 7.62x39; 720 rounds.

Use this as a cheat sheet:
1711590601923.jpeg

FYI, I stole that from another forum.

As for price? No idea, but I bet over on GunBroker, you could get $7,304,104,221,959,028.99.

Hope this helps.

*EDIT* Or steel jacketed bullets. *EDIT* There are probably some surplus brass or copper washed cases.

Not with that attitude. :sneaky:
with the laws I have to deal with make it very hard. Then there is the weight for the cost of shipping.
You might find out more info before you run off at the mouth.
If you want to pay the shipping and the Calif mandated costs I will gladly sell them to anyone. Care to step up to the plate and put your money where your big mouth is buddy???

so true. I am not feeling so great with this cancer surgery hurting and such so I jumped to conclusions. My bad.

Back