Speer Load Data 6.5 Creedmoor

Alderman

Handloader
Apr 5, 2014
Is there any load data available for Speer bullets in the 6.5 Creedmoor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No data provided on the Speer site or in their latest manual. If you provide the parameters, any of a number of people can run you a QL projection. Ideally, we would want case overfill capacity, powder(s), bullet(s), barrel length, etc.

I used the 140 Hot cors last year on a couple deer with RL17. Very accurate and performed great. I just started low using other cup n core 140 grain data. Probably be much easier to get someone to run it through quickload though. That 140 Hot-Cor was a great bullet though I thought.

I find it strange there is no data available. I was just curious at this point as I do have some 6.5 Speer bullets. I'll try to get the info together to see if somebody will run the numbers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Speer manual was published before the Creedmoor was released. The newest data for a .264 caliber bullet was one load for the .260 Remington. It would appear that ATK is not focused on providing new data for that particular cartridge. I thought that Alliant (also part of ATK) would have data posted on their web site. Alas, nada! If you'll send me your parameters, I'll be pleased to run projections for you.

6722c51f79197e2cdc05c4f41d3f5dd7.png

Alderman here is a photo I had saved in my library from another website. It has a load for Speer 120 and 140 grain. It's only alliants newest data for the RL16 powder. It's not much help, but I highly recommend RL16. I'm having excellent luck with it right now.

I sent Alliant an email in March asking for data for my son's 6.5 CM. They included what Cleveland48 sent and also had data for Speer bullets using RL15, RL17, RL19, RL23 and a few others. Shoot them an email they responded fairly quick.

Back