Sporterized Husqvarna M38 6.5x55

HAWKEYESATX

Handloader
Aug 15, 2016
Hey all!

I wanted to share that I acquired a sporterized Husqvarna M38 in 6.5x55 Swede.
I hope she is a tack driver, since most Swedish military rifles are, and have been for me.
When I got it home, I inspected it thoroughly, and found 3 issues with it. #1) Action screws were loose. #2) Focus piece on the old Weaver scope was severely loose, and at one time probably came off, and the nitrogen gas inside more than likely wasn’t there any more. #3) The scope rings weren’t tight enough. The screws were somewhat loose when I changed the scope out. #4) The follower in the rifle wasn’t operating, and jammed. How it was, I don’t know? I remedied all of the problems within 15 minutes!
The things that I saw during inspection that I liked were; clean, and shiny bore, trigger has been worked down to about a 3 lb pull. No rust or pitting, whatsoever.

I don’t know about y’all, but I hope that everyone here checks the things I do, and I hope y’all don’t go selling your rifles due to not checking what I do when I first get them in my hands.

Hawk
0e78bbd93b4056eb174a825da6f7a923.jpg

1607880ab6faf35bc5d0041bf67efc42.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is not enough credit given to some of the late military rifles. Hope it tightens up, shoots straight and gives you sub "Get'er done".

Gunner46":1nvmdf5i said:
There is not enough credit given to some of the late military rifles. Hope it tightens up, shoots straight and gives you sub "Get'er done".
Thank you very much!!
I certainly hope it does get sub “Get’er done.”

Hawk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello...I bought this this rifle...even with the same pictures from a gentleman a couple weeks ago. I was wondering if you could give me some info on it. Thanks

I had a m96 for several years. Got it from Big 5 for $100 even...lol. It was a Carl Gustav, I believe the Husquevarna rifles are more desirable? It shot as well as I could with the iron sights. I remember being enamored by the famous mauser action well before I could afford a nice commercial version which I never ended up getting. I do have a M70 though, it's nice but it doesn't have the same old industrial metal feel that mausers have.

I had a m96 for several years. Got it from Big 5 for $100 even...lol. It was a Carl Gustav, I believe the Husquevarna rifles are more desirable? It shot as well as I could with the iron sights. I remember being enamored by the famous mauser action well before I could afford a nice commercial version which I never ended up getting. I do have a M70 though, it's nice but it doesn't have the same old industrial metal feel that mausers have.
You're right about that..the M70's feel much better.

Joking of course

What is Big 5 ?

Back