SS media tumblers

This is 1.5 hours in the FART... drop of dawn and a shake of Lemi Shine.

Those were all just annealed and deprimed. The primer pockets could've used a little more time but they are more than fine for me.

Not sure if you can see inside the neck but it is carbon free. Do it for 3 hours and it's literally spotless. I rinse and shake them 3 times to get the majority of pins out and let them sit.

Hope that helps a little.

Drying with the sun, wood stove or food dehydrator, depending on the time of year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thanks guys . I don't wet tumble , but I seem to measure water case capacity kind of often . to dry in the winter I set them on the furnace . I have hot water heat so my furnace is always warm . in the summer I set them in the sun . I never thought of a econo price dehydrator .

I knew the pins really cleaned , but Scotty's brass looks like new never fired , inside and out . I guess I didn't realize it worked this well .

do you guys like the pins better than sonic cleaning ?

jimbires":3lg7r2ko said:
thanks guys . I don't wet tumble , but I seem to measure water case capacity kind of often . to dry in the winter I set them on the furnace . I have hot water heat so my furnace is always warm . in the summer I set them in the sun . I never thought of a econo price dehydrator .

I knew the pins really cleaned , but Scotty's brass looks like new never fired , inside and out . I guess I didn't realize it worked this well .

do you guys like the pins better than sonic cleaning ?

I tried my buddies sonic cleaner. It was too much of a pain for me. The SS pins is easy. Really no different than dumping corn or walnut media from freshly tumbled cases. The magnet makes it easy. Plus, they are literally clean everywhere and it saves me a step of having to clean primer pockets. I like that.

If I had more brass to clean at one time I would spring for the Fart but since I don't shoot more then 20 rounds at a time it would be more trouble for me then I think it would be worth.
As for the dust I use Berry's polishing liquid on the media so that eliminates the dust and since I run so few it isn't a bother to wipe the brass off before annealing or loading and I clean the insides of the case mouths with a brush before lubing.
The SS pins do a great job and the brass looks fantastic.
Maybe I'll call Dillon and see if I can use liquids in my Dillon case cleaner so that would eliminate the need to buy a different piece of equipment and I could just fish the cases out with out dumping it.
Yeah call me Tom , I'm cheap :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry Buddy :grin:

I had an ultrasonic cleaner. I sold it. It simply didn't clean brass as well as the SS pins. Won't go back to an ultrasonic cleaner.

DrMike":3ne5o1h8 said:
I had an ultrasonic cleaner. I sold it. It simply didn't clean brass as well as the SS pins. Won't go back to an ultrasonic cleaner.

Agreed. Never saw the ultrasonic really clean like the pins. They were decent just not the same.

Back