Storing Powder and Primers in a Residents

Line the inside of the box with drywall?


I'd say you probably could . 1/2" drywall breaks fairly easy . I really doubt it could build much pressure before it broke.
you could take a utility knife and score the back side of the drywall , to make a weak spot , if you desired to .
 
Not trying to argue for or against anything, but I do find a 1-inch wood standard a bit odd. In my personal experience, wood tends to burn, so I don't know how much protection it would provide against an external ignition. Maybe delay it a bit? Perhaps that's the intent, or to protect it from errant sparks.
Now, I will suggest that if you intend to build such a box, or cabinet, that you research and implement proper methods of grounding to prevent any unfortunate static discharges.
 
Back
Top