Supplies making a comeback ?

bob_dobalina":18z4x1p7 said:
Does Winchester brass occasionally show up in stock or just never?
The sportsmans warehouse near me has tons of Winchester brass.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Any bullet 25 caliber has been rare as hens teeth lately since they are not as popular as say 6.5mm, 7mm and 30 caliber but Cabala's had 100 grain NBT in stock earlier this week. My 200 were just delivered about 10 minutes ago. Maybe we are starting to get somewhere anyway.

Bruce

Brass, powder, bullets, seem to be SLOWLY but steadily increasing in availability. Primers...... nope, no, nada. I can't believe this has lasted this long without a visible reprieve really. I got more primers than what I want to publicly announce, but find myself still not shooting much because I can't yet replace them.

Lgs had ammo and I got 600 LRP from him, and some powder. Some bullets have been tough to locate. Ie .458 caliber. Choices are the Hornady FTX or DG. Nosler says they are on the schedule to make around January…haven’t seen Speer or Sierras in 458… so talked to Hornady tech and bought the FTX. One thing I don’t like about that one, because it’s tipped. You have to cut your cases and extra 0.07”. Which means I have cases for FTX and everything else…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShadeTree":23kgsw19 said:
Brass, powder, bullets, seem to be SLOWLY but steadily increasing in availability. Primers...... nope, no, nada. I can't believe this has lasted this long without a visible reprieve really. I got more primers than what I want to publicly announce, but find myself still not shooting much because I can't yet replace them.

Same here. Primers remain the most difficult component to find for me as well.

Honestly I probably don't ever need to buy another hunting bullet, ever. :grin:

Brass? I'm pretty well stocked up - particularly since I just bought some new 45-70 brass from mjcmichigan.

Powder - well - some of my pet powders have been hard to find, but substitutes were obtained and I'm well supplied with three that I use often: H4350, Varget and Unique. With those, I'm good to go. :)

Primers... Ya, I'm doing "okay" with my stash - but that's the weak point as I haven't found any locally in a long time. Am as yet unwilling to pay the hazmat shipping fee. As yet...

My 22 supply is good, shooting weekly with 22 rifle & pistol, see no need to stop that for several years.

And, it's been fun plinking with the recurve bow again this year, have been doing more archery this year than in a long time. Enjoying the heck out if it.

So ya, I've modified my routine and am not shooting nearly as much centerfire rifle & pistol ammo. Trying to stretch my supplies & make 'em last. Sure hoping things return to "normal" but unsure what that's going to be.

XdUJYW1l.jpg

Regards, Guy

Guy Miner":2v83q09a said:
ShadeTree":2v83q09a said:

Same here. Primers remain the most difficult component to find for me as well.

Honestly I probably don't ever need to buy another hunting bullet, ever. :grin:

Brass? I'm pretty well stocked up - particularly since I just bought some new 45-70 brass from mjcmichigan.

Powder - well - some of my pet powders have been hard to find, but substitutes were obtained and I'm well supplied with three that I use often: H4350, Varget and Unique. With those, I'm good to go. :)

Primers... Ya, I'm doing "okay" with my stash - but that's the weak point as I haven't found any locally in a long time. Am as yet unwilling to pay the hazmat shipping fee. As yet...

My 22 supply is good, shooting weekly with 22 rifle & pistol, see no need to stop that for several years.

And, it's been fun plinking with the recurve bow again this year, have been doing more archery this year than in a long time. Enjoying the heck out if it.

So ya, I've modified my routine and am not shooting nearly as much centerfire rifle & pistol ammo. Trying to stretch my supplies & make 'em last. Sure hoping things return to "normal" but unsure what that's going to be.

XdUJYW1l.jpg

Regards, Guy
I hear ya Guy, primers are almost impossible to find here. Actually they are impossible to find. I have had to dip into the gunbroker world for primers once, hopefully never again either. I have found some deals on gunbroker as far as brass, bullets, and powder are concerned. I picked up 50 new Norma 416 Remington cases for $39 bucks. Heck that’s way cheaper than before the pandemic. Got 3 lbs of IMR 4451 for $30 a pound, unfortunately hazmat ruined those savings [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Guy, I bought of Hodgdon web site and if your going to buy more than 2-3 #, hazmat wasn’t bad…. Typically they are putting the powders for the day on their website between 6-7 west coast time..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back