Tactical Pro II

I just looked at my Kimber mags. They sure don't have a removable base. :?:
Never noticed that before.
I think you will find that after 500 rounds your Kimber will break in.
I replaced all of the springs on my elite carry after 1500 rounds. Keep in mind I bought it used. Of course the gun shop guy said that he knew the previous owner and the gun had not been shot much, maybe 200rounds. They always say that.
One thing to keep in mind while loading for the 1911 is the slide blows back close to the same speed at the bullet exits the barrel.
If you load it too hot your, slide and springs will get damaged.

old #7

Thanks for looking into it on your end.

JD338

I'm not sure if the Kimber takes the same mags as a std. 1911, but if it does, I can highly recommend the Wilson Combat mags. Not to bad for the standard 8 rounders, but they can get spendy for the the alum. base pad models. I had a pair of these back when I had a Sprinfield 1911A1 Gov't.

The Outlaw Kyle":3oneep1u said:
I'm not sure if the Kimber takes the same mags as a std. 1911, but if it does, I can highly recommend the Wilson Combat mags. Not to bad for the standard 8 rounders, but they can get spendy for the the alum. base pad models. I had a pair of these back when I had a Sprinfield 1911A1 Gov't.

My Kimber Stainless Match accepts other brands of 1911 style mags.

Kimber 1911's will accept any 1911 mag...just be sure you get the right size (full size or officers size).

I recommend Tripp Research Gen II CobraMags...Not meant to bash Wilson mags, but the Tripps are better (better follower, better feedlips, better finish)

If you look them up...you will see that the Tripps were not always so great. they had problems with burrs on the weld seam mostly...those days are GONE...Wilsons new ETM mags are almost an EXACT copy of the Tripp mags, the difference being that Wilson still uses the early release feedlips and they can't use the hybrid follower because Virgil Tripp patented it.

There used to be only one brand of mag that 1911 guys could count on with any reasonable amount of certainty, and for many years that has been Wilson Combat...those days are GONE too.

JD, are you ready for this one. In order to dissasemble a Kimber mag you have to depress the follower and compress the spring. Place an allen wrench in one of the witness holes to capture the spring. turn the follower on its side and cause it to fall out. Then CAREFULLY remove the allen wrench or other implement and pull the spring out. Reverse the procedure after cleaning. A little bit different than what Im used to.

big rifle man

Sounds tricky.
Thanks for the heads up.

JD338

JD these rock man!

Critical-Defense-AmmoCutAway.png

Purpose-built for Concealed Carry Guns.

• Unaffected by thick and heavy clothing, including denim and leather.
• FTX™ bullet delivers superior controlled expansion and large, deep wound cavities over a wide range of velocities.
• Clean burning and stable propellants reduce recoil in lightweight handguns, and perform consistently in all temperatures.
• Minimal muzzle flash protects night vision.
• Feeds reliably in pistols.
• Shiny silver nickel plating prevents corrosion, and is easily visible in low light situations.
• Bullets are cannelured and crimped to avoid bullet setback.
• Bullets are custom designed for individual loads.
• The most effective, consistent, and reliable self-defense ammunition available today!

Expands no matter what it hits!

http://www.hornady.com/story.php?s=786

critical_defense_mushrooms.jpg

Critical Defense 380 Auto shot from a Ruger LCP through heavy clothing.

critical-defense-gelatin-lg.jpg

[/img]

Looks like an XTP with a cannelure and a "filler" in the cavity...probably is a good bullet.

The plain old XTP's are tough to beat...for the $$$.

I was thinking they looked like a toned-down Black Talon, or maybe an Eldorado Starfire from PMC.

I'll have to give them a try. Right now I using the Federal 230 gr HST Tactical Law Enforcement loads.

JD338

The key is the filler. It ensures expansion no matter what...according to H.

Back