Talk me out of...

WOW! Very nice! I like that alot. I can't wait to see how you set it up. Very very sharp. Those CZ's are mighty sharp rifles.

AZ, congratulaions on your new purchase.
A CZ in a good African cartridge is on my wish list as well.
I would ask the forum if I should get one in .375 or .458 Lott, but I"m afraid they would say BOTH.

Antelope_Sniper":247redjj said:
I would ask the forum if I should get one in .375 or .458 Lott, but I"m afraid they would say BOTH.

I'm unclear on why that would be a problem! :mrgreen:

If you have not aquired one or both by this time, your life is incomplete at this stage.

Great rifle and perfect for Africa. I had a Model 70 .375 for many years they are a great caliber for a Medium African rifle and the CZ is a fine gun!

AzDak42":1hsm492w said:
One of my local shops has a CZ in 375 H&H that has sat on the shelf for over a year. One of the counter guys says that they would probably be willing to deal on a cash buy.

It's got the straight comb stock and iron sights. Wood is nice.

I've always wanted a .375 H&H and CZ makes a nice rifle. Is it worth a grand?

I you wish to remain misrable and depressed I suggest you do not buy anymore guns and especially the CZ .375H&H. A new purchase kills the heartfelt agony and mental depressions we all love so much...so please stay with us and feel the fellowship. Don´t cross the line to the other light joyable side where the sun is shining and the world will smile :cry: .

I think you are on the wrong web site. THis site is called, "Enablers are Us". Buy it no matter the cost, otherwise you will hate yourself for ever.!!

I am the one having heartfelt agony and depression because I am retired and have to live within my means. Not a pleasant situation for an OCD gun buyer but I still can enjoy by proxy, enabling others!

Elkman":1knslqpu said:
I think you are on the wrong web site. THis site is called, "Enablers are Us". Buy it no matter the cost, otherwise you will hate yourself for ever.!!

And a fine job you are doing, Bill.

I still can enjoy by proxy, enabling others!

Without a doubt, Charlie. You do an exceptional job.

:mrgreen:

For the record.. buying a new rifle, having some lovely new norma brass, powder and 300 grain slugs all on hand, with your entire reloading room torn up for a rebuild is the definition of 'living hell'.

Self-induced torture! :mrgreen:

Yeah, coming here to get talked out of buying a rifle... That just doesn't work out.

The CZ in .375 has quite a reputation. I believe it's virtually the same rifle as the older BRNO version, also an excellent rifle. A few years ago when I picked up my .375 Number One, the same shop also had a .375 BRNO, marked at the ridiculous price of $400! :shock: I debated a couple of seconds, bought the Number One with dies, ammo & components for $600, then called my hunting buddy and told him about the BRNO. He bought it almost immediately.

His rifle seems a tad on the heavy side for all-day carry, but he's a strong fellow and doesn't mind.

He's had two opportunities to use his own .375, both of which didn't happen:

First he decided to hunt Cape Buff with a stick & string... :shock: And ended up using his PH's .375 on the buff.

Second, when he went to Australia for those BIG buff you grow down there - his .375 was lost temporarily by the airline and he ended up taking that buff with a .308 Win and 150 gr soft points. Several of them in rather a hurry from what he said...

I think he REALLY wanted that .375 H&H BRNO in hand during that dustup.

Guy

Elkman":3lbcdwqt said:

Yes and we all enjoy helping others!!

Back