Tasco 6-24x50 mildot scope

corbin9191

Handloader
Dec 2, 2007
i am wondering if anyone has had any expierience with a tasco 6-24x50 mildot scope. because i am looking at one on ebay for $45.75. i will be putting it on my 300 win mag if i get one. thanks

For a 223 ok....(and not at full power but half of the magnification for clarity).
They do not nickname them Trashco for nothing.

Not the scope for a 300 win mag it would be a waste of money. It might be alright on a rim fire.

I had that very scope on my 204 Ruger. It SUCKED. I now have a 4200 Elite on it. Save your money and buy better optics.

I originally had the BSA 6-24 Mildot on my STW. Probably made in the same Chinese factory as the Tasco. After 500 rounds it completely came apart. The intermal lenses would shift after every shot, and the threads on the rear eyepiece wouldn't hold either. Take the $100.00 and use it to put a Leupold on Layaway. After a few hundred rounds you will be buying one anyway.

POP, never heard them called TRASHCO, but your right, they are a piece of junk.
corbin9191: Spend the money on good optics. You get what you pay for.

A member of another forum bought a Tasco World Class Scope that he was using on the range recently when the adjuster broke off.Bushnell bought tasco when it was going belly up in 2002 all warantees were nulified.He sent it in to Bushnell & rec'd a reply about no warranty,scope no longer made,they can't fix it but they did tell him to send in approx $47 & they'd send a comparable scope however Bushnell scopes are made in china,he passed on the 'offer'. Here's a site with lots of information on scopes http://www.charm.net/~kmarsh/brand.html it doesn't cover some newer brands but it really does provide lots of information about being aware of the junk being sold along with the really good optics.

Let me translate for you.
There are three kinds of scopes.
Cheap Chinese junk
Leupold and Burris,
And the expensive European stuff that Lotto Winners can afford.

corbin9191":3csvg55i said:
i am wondering if anyone has had any expierience with a tasco 6-24x50 mildot scope. because i am looking at one on ebay for $45.75. i will be putting it on my 300 win mag if i get one. thanks
......................Putting THAT scope on a 300 Win. Mag. would be not only a dis-service to your rifle, to that cartridge, but to you as well........Remember my friend, you get what you pay for in optics ie; glass, durability, construction, etc..............Why would you mount that scope (CRAP) on your 300 mag?

Id be affeared to stand behind that much cannon with a Tasco on top. could get hit by flying parts!! :lol: Seroiusly, I know I guy who swears by remanufactured Tasco World Class as the best buy out there. My question is why would they need to be rebuilt in the first place? That said, I have cheap 4x bushnell on my .22 but I am saving my pennies for a VXII. You can probably find a good Tasco out there but I agree you get what you pay for. CL

There was a day when Tasco was new and made in Japan. They were decent, reasonable optics. Not so today. Bushnell has farmed out scopes I used to use from Japan to China and the Phillipines and the quality is poor even in their midrange scopes anymore. Best American bang for the buck is Burris and for overall quality it's Leupold. I use to buy scopes that were on sale and the power range I wanted and thought I was getting a deal. I must of had a couple of dozen of them. They are all gone but my Burris and Leupolds are still here. Lesson for me!! A good scope is worth the price and will last.
Good Hunting
Elkhunt :grin:

if u want a good scope buy a shepherd,, leupold is so over rated i have had them fix the one on my 264 win mag 3 times,i have a shepherd on my 7stw and my 325 wsm have never had a problem with shepherd and they work just as they say they do.

Heck, I'm just morbid enough to want to know if the scope will suffer a catastrophic failure, or the internals will just start randomly throwing off POI, and if it will happen in the first box of shells, or the second.

Seriously, a Tasco on a hard kicker is a bad idea. Too short of eye relief on the one I had experience with, and that will spell trouble for a .300 mangl'em. Eyepiece cuts are not cool. Hard to get blood off lenses.

Greg Nolan":350x0qxr said:
There was a day when Tasco was new and made in Japan. They were decent, reasonable optics. Not so today.
Good Hunting
Elkhunt :grin:

I totally agree! I have a simmons 6.5-20 made in Japan. Huge difference in quality!!!!!

It is going on my 22-250 788....Oh I never told you guys about that huh? :lol: :lol:

Back