TC Encore Pro Hunter Katahdin

mj30wilson

Beginner
May 20, 2006
I have a encore pro hunter endeavor muzzle loader and I am wondering if I can buy a katahdin barrel and still have it fit the fore end or do I need a different size fore end? I think the stock is not an issue since it accommodates the receiver already. The dimension from the receiver to the fore end screw stud concerns me though. How accurate are these in .460 smith and wesson?

I have looked at the barrel for my Encore also. The 460 is an interesting cartridge that I would like to try.

I have a number of Encore barrels, but not the Katahdin.
My initial thought is, the ML forend has the same spacing, but different screws. In a quick glance on the TC site, it appears the Katahdin has it's own forend as well. Judging by the composites listed.
If I'm reading the listings right, it looks like the ML, Shotgun, Katahdin, and 24-26" rifle forends are different. The .460 S&W is an interesting round, and good one at that. Personally I still prefer the .45-70, but I could suffice nicely with the .460 as well.
http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/encoreAccessories.php

I am due to receive my barrel next week but logistically why on earth would they engineer and waste money on a new fore end when the regular barreled one will work? I see no listing for katahdin pro hunter fore ends on any sites . It seems to me that they only have one fore end but we'll see.

Back