Tea Party

BeeTee

Handloader
Jul 27, 2011
What's the definition of the word "irony"?

“What’s blocking us right now is a sort of hyper-partisanship in Washington that I was, frankly, hoping to overcome in 2008,” Obama said at a recent fundraiser. Then we find out that hyper-partisanship was the standard operating procedure at the IRS.

Those close to Obama are saying he has no control of or influence with the IRS. History tells that the office of the President has had signficant influence with the IRS.

Excerpt....

Articles of Impeachment adopted by House Judiciary Committee on July 27, 1974
Article 2
Using the powers of the office of President of the United States, Richard M. Nixon, in violation of his constitutional oath faithfully to execute the office of President of the United States and, to the best of his ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, and in disregard of his constitutional duty to take care that the laws be faithfully executed, has repeatedly engaged in conduct violating the constitutional rights of citizens, impairing the due and proper administration of justice and the conduct of lawful inquiries, or contravening the laws governing agencies of the executive branch and the purposed of these agencies.

This conduct has included one or more of the following:

1. He has, acting personally and through his subordinates and agents, endeavoured to obtain from the Internal Revenue Service, in violation of the constitutional rights of citizens, confidential information contained in income tax returns for purposed not authorized by law, and to cause, in violation of the constitutional rights of citizens, income tax audits or other income tax investigations to be intitiated or conducted in a discriminatory manner.

Full text: http://watergate.info/impeachment/articles-of-impeachment

It should be noted that Republican Senators finally convinced Nixon to leave office.

One can only hope that the sense of outrage finally being exhibited by the press over the egregious overreach of the DOJ, the IRS and HHS will translate into focused scrutiny of this administration. It seems certain that should such scrutiny become a reality, impeachment becomes a distinct possibility.

Just about the only trouble with impeachment is the outcome. Either we end up with a strengthened obama, or joe biden as president. Either is, to borrow a quote from Otto Preminger's "In Harm's Way," "bad effect on the allies and aid and comfort to the enemy."

It was not my intention to suggest Obama be impeached (though who knows where this'll lead), but rather to underscore the seriousness of the crime.

That said, it gets worse.

IRS personnel were also feeding the left-wing organization Propublica.org information gleened from the confidential and yet unapproved applications from Tea Party groups for tax-exempt status. That confidential tax information was then used to attack individuals on the right during the last election cycle.

The IRS questionaires given to Tea Party groups were illegal anal exams that asked for information the government is not allowed to ask for (donor lists, participation & affiliation lists, and a lot more). The amount of detailed information the IRS asked for made it nearly impossible to comply.

Here is an excellent response from a 68 year old lady. Click the link to read the whole story.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/34 ... t-its-come

Updated:

I was thinking about the word “service” used with these agencies:
Internal Revenue “Service”
Civil “Service”
State, City, County & Public “Service”
Customer “Service”
Today, I overheard two farmers talking, and one of them said he had hired a bull to “service” a few cows.
It all came into focus.
Now I understand what all those agencies are doing to us.

Attachments

• excuses.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 746
"I was thinking about the word “service” used with these agencies:

Funny you should say that. :roll: When I got hired onto the Weather bureau many years ago, we gave pretty good service. Then they changed the name to the national Weather Service and we were told the emphsis on giving good service to our customers be they commerccial or just plain citizen. Seems like every time I tried to just that I would get a severe chewing out. :x
Many is the time when I got off work, half my rear end was still in the bosses chops. I can only speak for the NWS and Post Office but if they are any example of what the average government employee has to put up with from their inefficent dumbass bosses, the I have pity for them. :(
I know it's cool to badmouth those people but maybe if you walked a mile in their shooes. :shock:
I can say it because I've been there and done that. I reired 15 years ago and I'm glad I'm out of it.
Paul B.

Back