Tell me about your 7mm Weatherby magnum.

Yoteklr

Work, load, shoot, hunt, repeat
Apr 19, 2022
I've had two 7mm Remington magnums, and have a 28 nosler, and 7mm wsm currently.
My 28 Nosler is pushing 175gr Bergers at 3190.
My 7wsm is shooting 150gr fast! ( I don't want to say how fast).

my past 7mm Rems accuracy loads with 162 to 168gr was always right at 3000 fps. They could go faster but not with consistent accuracy.

I got a few hundred Norma 270 weatherby cases cheap when Bullets.com went out of business and a several hundred 162 Amax all of which is burning a hole on my shelves.

I'd like to know what loads barrel length and velocity ( with accuracy) you guys are seeing from your 7mm Bee?
Thanks.

There was a guy on LRH looking for 270 WbyMag cases, should you want to sell.
7mm Wby cases are not difficult to find. As I detest the idea of reloading one round in another so close in size, if it were me I'd swap them.
Then again, I probably have, um, too many 7mm Wby cases.

The slow load is 150 TTSX at 3050fps. I could push it faster, but Dad has killed plenty with this so there's no need to.

Hammer Hunter 131 at 3550fps. Great load, but the 131 jams in a Weatherby MkV action. It has to do with the straight profile of the bullet and the lip of the barrel.

Hammer Hunter 146 at 3225fps. I pushed for a year to get Hammer to develop the 146 for the Mark V action, given my problems with the 131. Weatherby gets 3275fps in their loaded ammo, same bullet.

There was a guy on LRH looking for 270 WbyMag cases, should you want to sell.
7mm Wby cases are not difficult to find. As I detest the idea of reloading one round in another so close in size, if it were me I'd swap them.
Then again, I probably have, um, too many 7mm Wby cases.

The slow load is 150 TTSX at 3050fps. I could push it faster, but Dad has killed plenty with this so there's no need to.

Hammer Hunter 131 at 3550fps. Great load, but the 131 jams in a Weatherby MkV action. It has to do with the straight profile of the bullet and the lip of the barrel.

Hammer Hunter 146 at 3225fps. I pushed for a year to get Hammer to develop the 146 for the Mark V action, given my problems with the 131. Weatherby gets 3275fps in their loaded ammo, same bullet.
Thanks, what is your loads and barrel length for those? Sounds like the 7 wby could best 7mm RM by a good margin with the same pressures even though they're about the same capacity.

I should have mentioned, there's no danger of mixing brass because I dont have a 270wby right now.

26 inch factory barrels for all of these.
I have a 24 inch custom which has shot 160AB factory loads at 3020fps. However, they no longer make those loads so my couple of boxes are hoarded for that rifle.

7mm Bee Euromark MK V Now wears a Vortex Razor 3x15x42mm

beTlFQW.jpg

ip0Ru0Z.jpg

wakfAZt.jpg

Back