Tell us about your favorite 30-06

Woodycreek":1u8e16tk said:
gerry":1u8e16tk said:
Woodycreek":1u8e16tk said:
gerry":1u8e16tk said:
I currently don't have a 30-06 but could be swayed if I could get a bullet like the 190 gr ABLR around 2750 fps or a 200 gr AccuBond over 2700 fps. Could take me away completely from owning a "magnum" round again. In the past I topped out at 2600 fps with 200's but some of the newer powders are very interesting.

RL-26 should get you 2700 fps or more with the 200 AB. Running over 2700 with the 200 AB out of a 20" barrel. Using Lapua brass and Fed 215M.

I wonder what that load would get from a 26" Ruger No 1 B? Could be interesting.......

I would almost put money on 2800 or more (y)

RL17 is also an excellent powder and will get you where you want to go

300yd_zps51f89561.jpg

sig2_zpsugjcuvoq.jpg

Nice looking Steyr! Mine is a good shooter that has taken it's share of trophies.
Billy

Thanks. That Steyr is the only rifle I have that is still completely stock. Perfect trigger, no bedding needed, no bolt work, nothing. Really like the Sig Sauer Tango 4 I just put on it. Illuminated, zero stop, really clear glass

The Steyr is a lovely firearm, no question about it. That '06 would make anyone proud owning it.

Depending on what the PA Game Commission decides to do, my M1 Garand may get a chance to hunt next year. The legislature passed and the governor signed a bill granting regulatory authority over semi-automatics to the Game Commission. Semi's were prohibited by state law until that point. Now it is in the game commission's hands to decide what regulatory action, if any, they wish to take.

Would dearly love to add that other 30-06 to the hunting line up.

SJB358":yf7oop91 said:
Very nice Woods! That's the kind of 06 I could like as well.

There are some nice Euro rifles out there which would be sweet to own.............

ethansnyder700":3309e3yn said:
My favorite 30 06 is my Remington 700 cdl in my bell and Carlson Alaskan 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ethan,

I note that this is your first post on the forum. Welcome aboard. I hope we will see you posting regularly. Certainly a good group of people hanging out here. Again, welcome aboard.

Back