Thanks CHET!

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
Hey all, just wanted to say a public thanks to Chet. He received two boxes of Nosler 264WM 125gr PT ammo from SPS on accident. He was told to keep them. Well, when he saw me looking for stuff, he offered to send me the loaded ammo, for the cost of shipping! I said "HECK YEAH" just about as fast as I could and man, it arrived about 2-3 days after that. It is excellent looking stuff. I was thinking of pulling the bullets, dumping the powder and starting afresh, but I think I might just shoot it. It will be great ammo to break the barrel in with and if it really likes the load, I may just try to duplicate it.

Anyhow, just wanted to say thanks to Chet and I appreciate all of you guys on the board. This is the best place on the net and you all are like long distance family. If I can ever help ya out, hit me up, I will certainly try and get it done if it is within my reach. Scotty

264WM.jpg

Very cool! Again it just goes to show how great the folks are on this forum. 8) Those should work really well in that new .264 mag that you have! Good luck and show us the pictures mister!

Very kind there Chet! :wink:

That's terrific. Heck yes I'd shoot it!

I'd be surprised if it doesn't shoot real well in your rifle.

CHET,

Thank you for helping out a Nosler member, you are a good man!

JD338

Very cool Chet. Heck ya, you got to shoot it! We want to see the groups and the rifle! CL

That's cool Chet.

Scotty shoot it and tell us how it does in your .264. I have used Nosler bullets since 1965 but have never shot their ammo.

Here is what I got out of the Nosler ammo Charlie

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15464&hilit=264WM

It shot pretty decent. I think I could do better as I was just kinda trying to empty out some cases to get loaded. It is a great back up to handloads though. It wasn't nearly as fast as advertised, but still pretty decent at around 3K. Pretty similar to a 270 Win with a 130 I think. I have done better since I have started loading for the 264 though. I still have 18 of them left, so I might get them shot up as the Summer goes on. Scotty

Glad they got put to use!!!! I figured I'd better get rid of them before a 264 followed me home........ you know how that works!!! :lol:

I don't own a 223, but I just bought some 223rem dies JUST so i could reload some brass I had laying around. I have (had) a bulk box of 50gr TNT's and a couple pounds of benchmark that was just sittin around doing nothing...... Now I have 500 rounds of loaded 223 sitting around doing nothing......... Figure I can trade em off at the next gun show........ (hopefully soon, or I'll have to buy a new toy just to shoot these darn things!!!!)
8)

Back