The Evening Repast

DrMike

Ballistician
Nov 8, 2006
I didn't take any pictures, but I am a hero this evening, nevertheless. I prepared a delightful rub last evening and prepared a fat hen. The rub was made up with brown sugar, smoked paprika, powdered ancho pepper, coarse sea salt, cumin, white pepper, thyme and oregano. I loosened the skin and rubbed under the skin. Then, I sealed the chicken in a large freezer bag and let it set for twenty-four hours. This was placed on the Traeger for about an hour and twenty-minutes (until the thickest part of the thigh registered 170 F). I rubbed a few potatoes with avocado oil and sprinkled them with kosher salt before placing them on the grill for the time the chicken was smoking. About fifteen minutes before the chicken was ready to come off, I placed a couple of portobello mushroom caps on the grill. These were prepared by brushing with avocado oil and the caps sprinkled with sea salt, freshly ground pepper, finely chopped fresh basil and finely chopped fresh oregano, all topped with grated mozzarella cheese. The carcase will be used to prepare a rich chicken soup and the left-over smoked chicken will become smoked chicken salad for lunches for the next couple of days. I do believe it was a hit with Mama. Hmmmmm. Should be good for a few more toys for the reloading room. Just so happens that I have some new dies arriving this week. :grin:

Indeed, Scotty, the meal was delectable and delightful. First rate!

You are slick Dr.Mike :wink:. How will you have time to hunt and still prepare this gourmet meals for gerry and I when we arrive in just over a month :mrgreen:?
I am just asking you know (y).

Blessings,
Dan

sask boy":5nef1gh7 said:
I hope they are the baked gourmet style :mrgreen:?

Blessings,
Dan

Campfire with chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.

Not sure that is a good thing to eat when we are trying to be quiet :oops:!!
No matter what it is going to be a great hunt!!! I don't think I could pick better partners then DrMike, Noah & gerry (y).

Blessings,
Dan

DrMike":1dy52a14 said:
sask boy":1dy52a14 said:

Blessings,
Dan

I have that before sleep.
Helps me to sleep the sleep of the innocent. [emoji1]

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Vince":14cc4lt9 said:
DrMike":14cc4lt9 said:
sask boy":14cc4lt9 said:

Blessings,
Dan

I have that before sleep.
Helps me to sleep the sleep of the innocent. [emoji1]

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

And woe betide the innocent who wanders too close to the sleeping giant! No smoking within 500 feet. :shock:

Back