The New Redfield Scopes

filmjunkie4ever

Handloader
May 4, 2011
So I went into Wholesale Sports here in Bend a couple weeks ago and finally got to touch a Redfield scope. They seem like nice scopes especially for the money. Have any of you had experience with any of these new Leupy Redfield Scopes? One thing they did get right was click adjustments instead of those #$@$ tension screws that the VX-I and Rifleman lines have. I have been sending my Leupys that have tension screws back to the factory lately to have them upgraded to click adjustments because the tension screws just havent inspired a lot of confidence in me when you have them on a gun with recoil equal to or greater than about that of a 30-06. Leupold is a great company though and I will never be persuaded to buy someone elses products as long as they are in business.

I have four of them, but haven't really been able to wring them out yet... 2-7 3-9 and two 4-12s.

I have a 3-9x50 on my 280 and love it. I didn't know that leupy would upgrade your old scope. How much does that cost and how would I go about doing it?

I have a 3-9X40mm, with the Accu-Range reticle mounted on a Remington 700, .300 Ultra Mag. It's been a great scope so far, and has easily handled the beating that the .300 RUM produces. With the Forever Warranty I'm not worried at all. Leupold hit a home-run with this scope and price range.

Screaming Eagle to reply to your question, I emailed Leupold directly and one of the Customer Service reps quoted me 70 dollars (that includes return shipping) to change the tension screw adjustments in my VX-I scopes to click adjustments. Going to send one in next month actually, got to get it back before hunting season, its the one on my 30-06 right now. Its going elk hunting with me this fall! Just like an old friend, that gun and I get along in whatever endeavor we have undertaken together. I would feel safe shooting anything in North America with that rifle, except a griz. Thats a lot to ask of an '06 even though they have been used for that!

Back