the one I couldn't pass up

jimbires":2vn4bfmv said:
SJB358":2vn4bfmv said:
Jim, I was just looking at your target and it looks like 45 grains was real good as well. Seems like a little seating tuning and it'll be tearing knot holes in the paper.

I am pretty interested in that 143 ELD X. Almost bought a box today for the 6.5 Swede. That cartridge shouldn't be able to stress that Bullet and what a danged sleeper it would be around 2800..... I'm watching your work now buddy.

Scotty , I'm thinking the same thing . with a little tuning I think most of these loads would shoot decent . definately lots of potential there to work with .

with the ELD-x I can go up one more grain of powder 2860 FPS again this is Q-load info . I'm going to play around with the other loads , and try to tighten them up . I'm also going to jug test the ELD-x at this velocity . I wasn't to impressed with them fired from the 300wby ,in the other thread , for up close hunting .

Yeah, when a rifle shoots that well right outta the gate I'm usually all smiles.

I will be waiting for your jug test Jim. Very interested in that.

I got out this morning to try a few 125 partitions , it shot them well too . this will probably be the hunting ammo combo . 125 Partition at about 3000 FPS , what more could a guy want . the Partition bullets are a no surprise bullet that is consistant in performance it's like " you seen one you seen them all " . I'm very pleased with this rifle .

100 yards the upper hole , out of the group, was a clean cold bore .

they shot so well at 100 , I put a target up at 200 . the first shot broke before I was ready . still not bad at 200 yards .

I hadn't seen this until now Jim, but great write up on the bedding job! Came out super nice if you asked just about anyone! I was going to say try RL-17 or H4350 Ext. but you already have that going pretty darn well, and with the 125 Partitions I'd say you're right there for the hunting load with out much trouble at all?

For whatever is worth I use 42.7 H4350 Ext. in Lapua brass and a 139 Scenar for my Tactical Match gun, and a buddy of mine uses 42.0 RL-17 in lapua brass with the same bullet in his 260. I have yet to test that powder in my gun though and I have something like 5 pounds of it.

Nice work Jim!

Wow! Very nice Jim. I can't see a 125 PT at 3000 disappointing you at all. That's pretty danged good. I'd bet it has decent legs as well, for a strict hunting bullet.

thanks fellas , it seems like everything I've loaded has shot from , not to bad , to pretty good . accuracy wise , I'd hunt with any of the loads I've tried . I'm very pleased with this rifle . SPS has the 6.5 / 125 partiton blems in stock . I'll have a few bags of these blems in about a week .

Nice rifle, great job on bedding the rifle and all of the pics. Looks like its working out well for you.

Back