the one I couldn't pass up

Nice work, Jim!

And to reach back a few posts, I have a daughter who turned up with a left dominant eye. It happens. Little stinker wound up getting a lefty M70 out of me instead of using one of my rifles. She wasn't happy to be left eye dominant until she got her OWN rifle out of the deal. Now it seems she thinks more highly of it. ;)

That 260 ought be a shooter, buddy. Take it to NC and kill some deer! :)

tddeangelo":3a37kldj said:
And to reach back a few posts, I have a daughter who turned up with a left dominant eye. It happens. Little stinker wound up getting a lefty M70 out of me instead of using one of my rifles. She wasn't happy to be left eye dominant until she got her OWN rifle out of the deal. Now it seems she thinks more highly of it. ;)

It works that way, Tom. Three grandchildren and a wife that are left-eye dominant. I need to talk to that lady of mine about passing on such genes! Once they get their own rifle, it is no big deal, except when they are contaminated by people such as some that post on this forum. I'm not naming names, but saskboy, Vince and Gerry all know of whom I refer.

Yep....although I did have some fun with this. My wife was complaining that I must have been the one to give our daughter the left eye dominance gene. I explained that while I'm left handed, I'm right eye dominant, which is why I shoot right handed. She is also left handed, so I had her do the eye dominance test.

Guess what the result was....?

;)

Tom , I sure hope it shoots . I just put 10 rounds together ,and it's about 5* outside , but I think I'm going to go shoot them anyway . it probably will go to N.Carolina to get a deer or two .

Denise is right handed and left eye .

Jim, I talked to Neal at the show.

Not sure what I'm doing this fall, but I may wind up back there. I miss hunting there.

tddeangelo":14vucya2 said:
Jim, I talked to Neal at the show.

Not sure what I'm doing this fall, but I may wind up back there. I miss hunting there.

I enjoy hunting there . always a good time .

well I made it out . it's so darned cold it wasn't any fun .shot these prone using my bulls bag with the bag setting on a box , to get me up out of the snow . these are the first 5 shots from the rifle . I shot at 25 yards to be sure I'm on paper . then I went to 100 yards . I made a scope adjustment between shots 1&2 . moved to 100 shot #3 the high right one , made an adjustment and shot 4&5 . I've got a good 100 yards zero now , and it looks like it's going to shoot . I just picked a mid powder charge . 43.0 gr of RL17 powder, quickload says 2926 FPS . about ( 44.5 is max ) I loaded them with a .010 jump . I used hornady # 2620 , 129 gr sp bullets .

thanks Dewey . when I get a better day I'll get to the range , and try it out some more . my first impressions , I'm well pleased .

It works that way, Tom. Three grandchildren and a wife that are left-eye dominant. I need to talk to that lady of mine about passing on such genes! Once they get their own rifle, it is no big deal, except when they are contaminated by people such as some that post on this forum. I'm not naming names, but saskboy, Vince and Gerry all know of whom I refer.[/quote]

As I usually tell the good Dr., only those of us in our "right" minds shoot rifles made correctly! :lol:

Very Nice rifle, I have always dreamed about something like that but never took the plunge.

possum":2uywdn5t said:
Very Nice rifle, I have always dreamed about something like that but never took the plunge.

thank you . the weather is supposed to get nice this weekend . maybe I can get it to the range .

I made it to the range this morning . it was 30*f when I arrived , and 35*f when I left . stayed very overcast with no wind , just perfect conditions . to say I'm pleased with this rifle is an understatement . all loads are RL17 , and a .010 bullet jump . I did not take my chrony , so the velocity wrote on the targets are quick load estimants . I put all the targets up at the same time , and shot them round robin . from low to high , then high to low . I would shoot 3 shots then give about 10 minutes to cool . 43.0 grain didn't leave me down , it shot well again . I think a little seating depth playing most of these would dail in . all targets shot at 100 yards , off a bench , using a bullsbag .

I goofed on seating depth with the different bullet . this one has a .018 jump

Thanks fellas !

I was asked why I put the piece of orange in the bullseye . the scope I have on the rifle is a VXII 6-18 with the fine reticle . when I'm aiming I can see the black + on the target , this looks so much like the reticle I thought I was having a paralax problem that I couldn't get rid of by adjusting the scopes AO . by placing the piece of orange target dot in the bull I covered the targets black + enough to not bother me .

Jim, I was just looking at your target and it looks like 45 grains was real good as well. Seems like a little seating tuning and it'll be tearing knot holes in the paper.

I am pretty interested in that 143 ELD X. Almost bought a box today for the 6.5 Swede. That cartridge shouldn't be able to stress that Bullet and what a danged sleeper it would be around 2800..... I'm watching your work now buddy.

SJB358":xcalcnuw said:
Jim, I was just looking at your target and it looks like 45 grains was real good as well. Seems like a little seating tuning and it'll be tearing knot holes in the paper.

I am pretty interested in that 143 ELD X. Almost bought a box today for the 6.5 Swede. That cartridge shouldn't be able to stress that Bullet and what a danged sleeper it would be around 2800..... I'm watching your work now buddy.

Scotty , I'm thinking the same thing . with a little tuning I think most of these loads would shoot decent . definately lots of potential there to work with .

with the ELD-x I can go up one more grain of powder 2860 FPS again this is Q-load info . I'm going to play around with the other loads , and try to tighten them up . I'm also going to jug test the ELD-x at this velocity . I wasn't to impressed with them fired from the 300wby ,in the other thread , for up close hunting .

Back