Thief

hunter24605

Handloader
Apr 30, 2016
We have/had a Walther PK380 that I bought for my wife a couple years ago. I haven’t thought about for about a year until the other day. I went to the closet shelf where it was stored in its plastic case and it was not there, after talking to everyone in the house and a exhaustive search, I concluded it was gone. Over the last several months we’ve had people in doing the ceilings, flooring people, painting crew, and friends, so the list is long. But I couldn’t locate the paper with the serial number for the police report. I called Buds gun shop and explained the situation, and about 5 minutes later they sent me a copy of the invoice with all the info I needed. In Va we’re required by law to report it stolen within 48 hrs. I told the trooper it was just a cheap 380, but he said that now in Va, firearm theft is automatically charged as grand larceny. Doubt I’ll ever see it again, but I’m so glad all the others were secured in the safe. I try my best not to wish harm on anyone, but sometimes I hope the good Lord can look the other way for a few seconds.

Last edited:
Howie,
Sorry for your loss. I don't tolerate a liar or a theif.
When I put my last house up for sale, we had an open house. The realtor informed us that it's common for prescription drugs to be taken. I put our meds, jewelry etc in the safe so we didn't have any issues.
I hope your 380 is recovered.

JD338

Back