Thoughs on a Minox?

FOTIS":25cu4k78 said:
Scottie talked me into one and I love it!

He talked me into three of them. :mrgreen:

Seriously, I have a few rifles that had cheap scopes on them.
I've bought 3 of the ZA5 4x20x50s from CLNY and couldn't be happier.
At $419.00 they are a steal.
On par with my Conquest 4x14 but the eye relief is much more forgiving than the Zeiss.

SJB358":cobsiybe said:
nvbroncrider":cobsiybe said:
FOTIS":cobsiybe said:
Scottie talked me into one and I love it!

Yep talked me into one too. 2-10 for $299 can't beat the glass for the money. I got it on my 338 and no issues at all.

I've got the 3x9 with the #4 reticle on my Whelen. It's just about my favorite scope next to my Swaro.

The 3-9 with a #4 is an awesome set-up.

What are you going to put the Comquest on?

Yes sir Vince. It's a great scope to my eyes.

How do these scopes handle recoil? I ran aross one forum where someone was talking about their Minox breaking due to the recoil of his rifle...

I have plans for the 1.5-8 I just picked.

Your scope will stand up to any of the cartridges you currently own or anticipate getting. Whether speaking of the Minox or the Conquest, you will be in good shape.

I've not had one literally break, heard of one that did, but after sending one in for loosing zero, they had another scope back at me in about a week. Easy to work with and nice on the phone. The hardest recoiler I had one on was my 338 and it did fine on that one. That same scope is on my 300 now.

Glad to hear they hold up well. I asked about the Minox 1.5-8 because it is either going on my next rifle in the future (35 Whelen)..or a Savage 220.

Any man made product can fail, it is encouraging that Minox is taking care of any problems quickly.

I have 4 Minox scopes and a pair of compact binos. I have a ZA5 2-10x40 on my M77 African in 375Ruger that sent the crosshairs cockeyed. A quick email response from Minox said to send it in and it will be taken care of... I haven't done so yet, though, but from what I've heard service is excellent. I also asked about recoil capability. The said they tested theirs extensively on a 375H&H without so much as a hiccup and that I should not have any concern putting another on top of the Ruger. For the price and performance, barring that ZA5, I've been very impressed.

meatmachineman":1vw2by19 said:
I have 4 Minox scopes and a pair of compact binos. I have a ZA5 2-10x40 on my M77 African in 375Ruger that sent the crosshairs cockeyed. A quick email response from Minox said to send it in and it will be taken care of... I haven't done so yet, though, but from what I've heard service is excellent. I also asked about recoil capability. The said they tested theirs extensively on a 375H&H without so much as a hiccup and that I should not have any concern putting another on top of the Ruger. For the price and performance, barring that ZA5, I've been very impressed.

You know Robert,

It's a good thing our favorite Wild man from Florida is not hear to bear witness to that "cockeyed" comment of yours. :lol:

I was wondering if you had sent that scope back as of yet and also what ever happened to that shot gun with the barrel issue?

chs

I have mine on my .22 WMR, I don't think that I will put my Minox on the 9.3x74R though! (LOL)

My brother bought my Minox 1.5-8 off me for his 30-06, I will be putting the 2-10 on the CZ I got as a birthday gift from the parents/sig. other.

For the money, it's decent glass. I do notice a bit more distortion around the outside than I do with my better optics. But the middle is crystal clear and it's mechanically very reliable.

I thought it had awesome glass, but I happened upon a NIB Zeiss 2.5-8 that had been upgraded with turrets...so I sold the Minox to the little brother and sent away for the Zeiss :)

ajvigs":3mpeg98h said:
I thought it had awesome glass, but I happened upon a NIB Zeiss 2.5-8 that had been upgraded with turrets...so I sold the Minox to the little brother and sent away for the Zeiss :)

That sounds like my kinda scope!

Oldtrader3":28ikd6lp said:
I have a 2.5-8x32 Conquest. It is a very handy scope for many rifles.

You aren't kidding Charlie. I tend to really like the 8X - 10X top end scopes on most of my stuff. With a set of turrets on there, it would have all the range I would ever need from my rifles and still be very useful in the woods.

Back