Tikka T3 Lite in 300 WM loads

My reg t3 likes alot of bullets and powder. Re22 w/180s has been phenominal. The good old standby everyone talks about of 75.0 re22 is a must try. Max loads of 7828ssc and the 130ttsx are super fast and accurate. You are gonna love the gun!

I have been loading for a 300 WM for 43 years, using "only" 180 grain bullets. My most accurate load ever is 70 grains, of H-4350, with the 180 Sierra Boat tail bullet. These loads are seated as far out as the magazine will allow. My hunting load is 72 gr. of the same with the 180 PT. Others have had luck with other powders, but 4350 and the 300 mag go together. I would work up to these loads carefully. Also in a light rifle the recoil will be "noticeable", the 300 is very "quick".

Thanks guys. That gets me a couple of good places to start.

I have already replaced the skinny recoil pad with a Limbsaver and it made a very noticeable difference.

At my 65 years, the weight of the gun to carry all day is more important than the recoil of one or two shots. I probably would have gotten it in 30-06 or 270, but they only sell it with 22" barrels in those calibers, even the 25-06! That blew me away! I really am a fan of 24" barrels once a case capacity gets to the 30-06 size.

Thanks again for your input.

Back