tikka

corbin9191

Handloader
Dec 2, 2007
Tomorrow I am going up to a gun dealer to check out a 338 win mag in a tikka. The rifle is not the tikka t3 but one step below. Does anyone like these types of rifles?

I have 3 friends that have tikka t3's and they really think the tikka is a great rifle. My next rifle will be a tikka t3 .223 or a .243 or.... maybe both.

corbin9191":3path2p3 said:
Tomorrow I am going up to a gun dealer to check out a 338 win mag in a tikka. The rifle is not the tikka t3 but one step below. Does anyone like these types of rifles?
...................Yes I do!............While you`re exaimining the Tikka, take a good look at the Browning X-bolts if any are there and compare them both and see what ya think!

Big Squeeze":3b6o6ees said:
corbin9191":3b6o6ees said:
...................Yes I do!............While you`re exaimining the Tikka, take a good look at the Browning X-bolts if any are there and compare them both and see what ya think!
Ok I will do that, I think he said that he does have a couple of the browning x bolts there but not in any caliber I want. But I will take a look and if I like them then I will have him order one.

I love them. Poor man's SAKO I call them but they shoot just as good!

corbin9191":3poyh31h said:
Big Squeeze":3poyh31h said:
corbin9191":3poyh31h said:
Ok I will do that, I think he said that he does have a couple of the browning x bolts there but not in any caliber I want. But I will take a look and if I like them then I will have him order one.
............They do make the 338 WM in the X-bolt, either in satin wood/matte, composite/matte, composite stainless or the shiny glossy wood/high blued finish in the Medallion............The browning site has a video on the X bolts!

My Buddy has a Tikka in .338. First time out I just handed him a box of shells loaded for my rifle....he shot .40" group.

I think the guy said that the gun is a tikka model 695 or 690. Are those still good rifles?

corbin9191":2dc7nuwz said:
I think the guy said that the gun is a tikka model 695 or 690. Are those still good rifles?
..............The only one I`m familiar with is the T3 lite which are very good rifles.

I just think that the Browning X Bolts are more elegant looking and are better looking in the action/receiver area. With the bedding and free floating features that both have, I really don`t think that one would be any more accurate than the other. Accuracy with either IMO, more than any other factor, will be more dependant on your reloads or what the individual rifles prefer.

Take a look at both at the same time if possible. The Browning X Bolt in the 338 WM has a 26" tube with a listed weight of 6 lbs. 12 oz. The T3`s barrel, if memory serves will be shorter.

Well I went up to the shop today and I asked him about the rifle and he had already sold it.

corbin9191":1627e79n said:

I had a Tikka 595 in .308, now owned by a friend. They shoot really well, and used barrels from the Sako production line. 595 was short action, 695 standard length. Both were magazine fed, and used a delrin bushing around the bolt, which made for really smooth bolt travel. The had features to facilitate production to cut costs, and that engineering model was carried over to the T3 design.

I definitely would buy another.

jim

Back