Time for a change

I do not remember how long Hornady has made the Interlock bullet but after failing to kill with one shot on Mule Deer with a .25-06, .270 Win and .280 Rem, I switched for life to Partition's for anything bigger than a coyote!

chrispbrown27":k13o0s8a said:
After a lot of time thinking about it (probably more time thinking about it than some things I should be thinking about) I am reconsidering the BT's, but I have a few questions. Has anyone seen any dead on bone shots with the bullets? I just keep thinking about my nephew or I pulling the shot slightly and nailing a leg bone or directly into the shoulder joint and a badly wounded deer disappearing on us. So has anyone seen the results of BT's hitting thicker bones dead on?
Well, bullets do funny things inside critters. The antelope in the pic took a 100 gr BT to the near side shoulder, quartering towards me, breaking the leg bone, punching a hole through the lungs and out the far side ribs. That 100 gr BT started at @2800+ fps ad hit the antelope at 264 yards. Tough enough for me. That said, no telling for sure if the exact same shot would have the same results, but IMHO the odds are real good. CL

I started using the 85 gr Partition on Coyotes about 20 years ago in my .243 at about 3150 fps. I have killed coyotes to 400 yards with one-shot, DRT with that load.

Back