TiteGroup

I’ve loaded tightgroupnin 45acp and my experience with it in 38 special made me start looking for new hand gun powders.
Found the flake powder didn’t meter well for me.(using a Lee auto disk in their progressive kit,) now using accurate #5.

I too have a 6” 629 full lug, shoots like a dream… the barrel is a bit long as I’m not quite 6’ tall, so it’s a long draw or cross draw.

I do love that I have never had a newbie that couldn’t hit a bullseye at 10 yards once cocked… huge confidence builder vs guns like Glock that newbies have trouble mastering the trigger…

When I did a lot of IDPA shooting I used a considerable amount of titegroup in my .45. I switched over to 9MM and continued using the titegroup. Other than burning dirty I had no complaints. When Win 244 came out I tried that and stayed with it. It burns a heck of a lot cleaner.

I’ve loaded tightgroupnin 45acp and my experience with it in 38 special made me start looking for new hand gun powders.
Found the flake powder didn’t meter well for me.(using a Lee auto disk in their progressive kit,) now using accurate #5.

I too have a 6” 629 full lug, shoots like a dream… the barrel is a bit long as I’m not quite 6’ tall, so it’s a long draw or cross draw.

I do love that I have never had a newbie that couldn’t hit a bullseye at 10 yards once cocked… huge confidence builder vs guns like Glock that newbies have trouble mastering the trigger…
At 5'8" I am short, I do not enjoy my 629 with 8 3/8". Its an old one, 629-1. The only NOS barrels I am finding are 6". I will keep looking but I might settle for that.

Back