Tried a New Burger Recipe

DrMike

Ballistician
Nov 8, 2006
I tried a new venison/moose/elk burger recipe this evening. It turned out quite well.

I made a lime-mayonnaise consisting of about 1/3 cup of mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard, and the juice and zest of a lime. This was mixed up and reserved for the burgers.

The burger mix consisted of about two pounds of venison and two pounds of moose (I have my daughter and five grandchildren staying with us). This was added to about seven or eight green onions chopped and a jalapeno finely chopped with about six tablespoons of yogurt. This was thoroughly mixed by hand before adding about three cups of finely ground seasoned bread crumbs and about 1/3 pound of Asiago cheese. I added salt and pepper to taste. These were grilled and served on onion buns with a strip of thick bacon on each burger together with a slice of pepper jack cheese. The lime-mayonnaise was set out to slather on the buns according to taste. Though it was heretical, I even allowed the younguns to use ketchup (or is that catsup?).

It proved to be a real hit, even with the little ones. Hey, tomorrow night they get waffles. Last night was grandpa's apricot glazed salmon with a rice pilaf. If I keep them filled up, they are more contented at night.

Mike, you are always welcome in my house in Northern Va to come down and experiment with your venison recipes. Those burgers sound pretty good right now! Scotty

Scotty,

The burgers were excellent. My wife is not fussy about venison (though she enjoys moose and elk). Nevertheless, even she enjoyed the burgers. The lime-mayonnaise was a real hit. I suspect that it would be good on about any grilled burger.

Back