Ultrasonic cleaners

critterskinner

Beginner
Sep 21, 2009
I am looking to upgrading to an ultrasonic cleaner and was wondering if anyone has used the Grafs ultrasonic cleaner? Does anyone know when the Hornady Magnum ultrasonic cleaner is going to come out?

I picked up a ultrasonic cleaner from harbor freight a few months ago for around $50. I just didn't see the need to pay for the brand name. I think the one I purchased is made by chicago tools or something like that. It works great, I use vinager and water about a 50/50 + a drop or 2 of dish soap mix for about 24 min. then a 25% baking soda to water solution for about 8 minutes and then rinse with cold water and they come out nice and clean primer pockets and all. This unit also has a heat option as well, water gets hot enough that you don't want to touch it for very long.

I have the Hornady cleaner. It works ok. I don't dilute the cleaner fluid as much as the directions say to. With bottle-neck cases, it takes about 15 min. to get the insides really clean. Cases fired with ball-powders in them seam to take the longest time. I also tried some 45/90 black-powder cartridge cases in there, and it took about 25 min. to get the fouling out. They don't "look" like new, but are clean.

Back