VX6

Tom,

My VX6 is not mounted yet. We are skinny on 30mm rings. Hopefully, within the next week I'll have it mounted and an opportunity to wring it out. Oh, in the interim, I picked up another VX7.

DrMike":2lss1vyn said:
Tom,

My VX6 is not mounted yet. We are skinny on 30mm rings. Hopefully, within the next week I'll have it mounted and an opportunity to wring it out. Oh, in the interim, I picked up another VX7.

Cripes, man.....you either have deep pockets, an unobservant wife, or a combination of the two!

I like my '7 a lot, but I've heard from the few folks who've used both the '6 and the '7 that they like the '6 better.

I'm sure you posted it in here somewhere, but did you say what action this is going on? I can keep an eye out for 30mm rings if you like. I got a steal on my Talley's that my '7 sits in because of a forum member's keen eye for a bargain.

The VX6 is going on a 6.5 Creedmoor. Like I said, I'm held up waiting for rings. My pockets are rather shallow; I've just had some good fortune to be able to pick these up at really reasonable prices.

They appear to be the same glass, with differing power rings. Clarity, on initial viewing, appears identical. On the other hand, I'm essentially blind, so perhaps anything would look good. :shock:

It's not apparent in initial look-see. However, as I say, I will make it out to the range within the coming week of two with this rifle and wring out the scope. Hopefully, I'll have a better assessment of what it is capable of doing. Hey, Tom, why don't you drop over and I'll let you examine it?

DrMike":3tpnhm1v said:
It's not apparent in initial look-see. However, as I say, I will make it out to the range within the coming week of two with this rifle and wring out the scope. Hopefully, I'll have a better assessment of what it is capable of doing. Hey, Tom, why don't you drop over and I'll let you examine it?

If I could, I'd love to....

Considering I have a work schedule, 2 month old baby, and a brand-new-to-us 9 month old puppy (picked him up on Sunday), it might be a bit sketchy with my "Domestic Advisor"....

;)

How does FOV compare to the '7?

Yes, I'm curious about the '6, if you can't tell...lol.

I'll have both the VX7 2.5-10 X 45 (in addition to a VX7 1-6 X 24) and the VX6 2-12 X 42 mounted on appropriate rifles at the range with me. I'll try to make a valid comparison on them. Initial observation on each of these is quite positive. At this point, I honestly can't speak with authority of the VX6 because it still hasn't made it to the range. I am chomping at the bit to take it, and to do some work with the Creedmoor, but everything is pending at the moment. I am being pushed on a couple of projects that have been pending far too long, including a 7 RUM, a 308 Norma Magnum and a 22-250 AI. These are also needing immediate attention.

DrMike":21sqojbq said:
I am being pushed on a couple of projects that have been pending far too long, including a 7 RUM, a 308 Norma Magnum and a 22-250 AI. These are also needing immediate attention.

You are as bad as a mechanic that doesn't have time to work on his own vehicle! :p :mrgreen:

What's worse, I'm informed that others are awaiting attention. Mine just got shoved back again. :(

The VX7 was a 34 mm tube. It is a good scope, however.

DrMike":2dc08wjd said:
I just received in the mail this morning a brand, spanking new 2-12 X 42 Leupold VX6.

That is what the TGR has on it!

2012-01-069507-47-4795578.jpg

2012-01-08094921.jpg

That is a lovely rifle, Fotis. The scope looks very natural perched there. I'm still waiting on rings. So many Huskemaw scopes were sold during the Christmas season, that the store is out. We're waiting for a shipment.

And to think I had talked myself OUT of a VX-6 in favor of an FX-3.

Gents with VX-6s: how does the elevation knob work with the CDS dials? I've heard it's a pop-up or something--could you post a picture of that?

Thanks gents. A nice combo there for sure.

joelkdouglas":17vsc8pz said:
And to think I had talked myself OUT of a VX-6 in favor of an FX-3.

Gents with VX-6s: how does the elevation knob work with the CDS dials? I've heard it's a pop-up or something--could you post a picture of that?

Thanks gents. A nice combo there for sure.

I'm hoping it's unchanged from the VX7 dials. I really dig the setup on my '7. One of the best features of the scope, IMHO. If Leupold gets their head out of their rear and makes some Alumina caps for this scope, that'd be nice, too! Those caps ROCK!

Back