wanted 264 win

There are two pre 64 264 win mags on gunbroker.com. They are both over 1,000.00.

For shooting or collecting?

Most any ol' belted magnum can easily be re-barreled for .264 Win mag with a simple re-barrel job... Your basic .300 or 7mm mag, which are far more common, can become a .264 with just a barrel swap.

If they're wanted for a collection though - well, it's going to be tougher. I sure don't have one, nor do I know of the wherabouts of a pre-64 .254 Model 70.

Good luck! :grin:

A pre 64 M70 264 WM Westerner went on Gunbroker last week. It was the one in AK and it had scratches on the stock.

I pointed it out to someone on another forum but I don't think he bid on it.

It started around $700 and went for about $770! I already have one. Otherwise......

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=106497126

pix2060496031.jpg

I've got one, but for what I'd get for it I'll keep it. I've seen a few on gun broker. I would advise getting one with a 26" barrel. alot of them are 24" The longer tube makes the 264 ballistically impressive.

CC.

I have no earthly idea where it came from, But I had my son tumble some brass earlier this week and had him put the tumbled 243 brass in a box. I get home last night and this morning I go out to the shop where the tumbler is, and he had emptied every thing out of the tumbler when he took the 243 brass out, and there were about 10 bright and now shiney 264 win mag cases!
I have never owned a 264, but they were in my tumbler along with some .357 and some 30-06. I knew thre .357 and the 30-06 were there, BUT I AINT GOTTA CLUE WHERE THE 264 CAME FROM!!!

There is one in the Manitoba Bargain Finder classified, but it's a 68 not a pre-64. It's not a 70 XTR, most likely would be the Model 70 Grade A. It has a 24 inch tube and the guy wants 575 CaD for it. Good luck getting it imported tho. Best bet is just keep watching Gunbroker and save your pennies. Most guys that have a westerner Pre64 m70 won't be quick to part with them, they are fine rifles.

CC.

Back