Washington mulie

Guy Miner":3iwugjlg said:
Wow! Congrats on filling your tag.

But DANG, what an entrance wound! And no bullet recovery, yet it didn't exit out the other side?

Guy
I looked thoroughly while field dressing and skinning came up with nothing. I will say that was the only disappointment in the hunt.

That is quite a hole for the AB!
Amazing he went on at all with that hit.
I had exit wounds of that size, but only one entrance. That was with a 110 gr TTSX from a 270 win at 60 y.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3a XL mit Tapatalk

Sure, I'll pile on. That is a very big hole. :grin:

Okay, serious time. Glad you got one down, and great shooting. (y)

Congrats on the buck. I'm surprised at the entrance hole of the 140g AB, wouldve thought it wouldnt have exploded like that at 200 yards, kinda odd. Also kinda odd he was able to run 40 yards with that type of damage, but animals can do some crazy things on 3 legs and adrenaline. My dad has used the 140g NBT at 3200fps from a 26" 8 twist Bartlein on elk and deer the last 5 years and weve seen nothing like that with entrance holes. Very weird...but like you say, dead is dead. The bullet had to have at least made it in the chest/lungs no?

Congratulations on your Mule Deer. Looks like the Grand Canyon. Even my 338 RUM doesn't make entrance/exit holes like that.

JD338

remingtonman_25_06":16u17eio said:
Congrats on the buck. I'm surprised at the entrance hole of the 140g AB, wouldve thought it wouldnt have exploded like that at 200 yards, kinda odd. Also kinda odd he was able to run 40 yards with that type of damage, but animals can do some crazy things on 3 legs and adrenaline. My dad has used the 140g NBT at 3200fps from a 26" 8 twist Bartlein on elk and deer the last 5 years and weve seen nothing like that with entrance holes. Very weird...but like you say, dead is dead. The bullet had to have at least made it in the chest/lungs no?

Yes heart was literally cut in half and lung damage.

Well thatll work for deer anyway. Might want to try a little tougher bullet if you were going after elk. Elk go a long ways on 3 legs...

Back