What a find!!!

GooseHunter Jr

Beginner
Jun 2, 2005
I was not hunting for these but found them during a late season cow elk hunt. Still have not decided as what to do with them yet. My step son found the right side a 6 pointer and I found the matching left side which was a 7 pointer.
IM000327.jpg

IM000328.jpg

Wow! Now here's hoping he survives until you get a shot on him next fall...

If it were me, I'd figure out some way to mount them across one another (so it's clearly a pair of sheds) on a nice piece of oak or cherry with a medium stain, or maybe walnut with a really nice dark stain. I bet there's a cabinet maker or taxidermist who could do it for not much money, or if you're handy with wood, you could pull it off.

In Michigan bulls still have antles into March. When do your elk shed velvet July I would guess? Just shows the differance in seasons for the high elevations I guess.

tjen":3c0gom6c said:
In Michigan bulls still have antles into March. When do your elk shed velvet July I would guess? Just shows the differance in seasons for the high elevations I guess.

I beleive these to be last years sheds.....if he made it thru hunting season he should still be around.

Back