What are your best inline loads???

Antelope_Sniper

Handloader
Jan 25, 2008
I have an Winchester Apex inline Muzzleloader. I believe they were made by CVA. I like everything about it, except I have yet to find "the load" for it. I'm

I'm in Colorado, so we are not allowed to use pellets, nor sabots, but powerbelts ect are ok.

I know there are some tac triving inline shooters out there, and I'd like to hear what's worked well, it what rifles.

Thanks.

They were out of the 348 Powerbelts as BassPro last night, but I did pick up some 295's. I will be trying them with 777 tonight. Since Sportsmans is on the way home, I will probably check them for some 348's.
Which primers do you use with your load?

My M700 MLS 50 cal shot both the 44 cal 250 gr PT and 45 cal 260 gr PT best with 80-90 grs of Pyrodex and 777. My hunting load was 100 gr 777.

My T/C Omega 50 cal has only been loaded with the 45 cal 260 gr PT and 120 grs 777. Accuracy is around 1.25-1.5" at 100 yds.

All loads are loose powder, no pellets.
I may just back off to 100 grs to see what level of accuracy I get.

JD338

AS - Winchester 209 shotgun primers. I see they got some new fangled ones out now for muzzleloading but mine work great and don't cost 7 bucks.

JD- Are not PT bullets saboted?

I've been using Winchester, so I will stick with them for now.
I visited with a guy at the range last night. He was shooting your same load, in a gun identical to yours. He printed a 1 1/2" group at 100. Of course he will have to take the scope off before he can take it hunting! :wink:

YoteSmoker":3igqpc4n said:
AS - Winchester 209 shotgun primers. I see they got some new fangled ones out now for muzzleloading but mine work great and don't cost 7 bucks.

JD- Are not PT bullets saboted?

Yote,

Thanks for pointing this out. Yes, they are sabots.

The deal with the 209 primer is that the ML primer isn't as hot as a standard 209. This will yield better accuracy.

JD338

AS, stop over and I'll give you 5 or 6 of those bullets to try. That leaves me with a couple plus whats in my speedloaders. Sportsmans has more if they work out for you. I'll be here until noon tomorrow. Been busy packing and just hooked up my CB. I went with a magnetic antenna cuz I didn't want to mess up my new "er" truck. I'll be here if you want the bullets give me a call. Ok, back to work!

Thanks for the offer YoteSmoker....I think I found "The Load"
338gr Powerbelt Platinum
120gr 777
Winchester 209 Primer
1.5" group 3 shots, Dead Nuts center at 100 yards.
Thanks for the advice yoteSmoker....I'll give you a call a littlebit later.

Back