What bullets do you want to see in 2009?

What bullets do you want to see in 2009?

• 22 60gr. Accubond

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6mm 100gr. Accubond

• 25 100gr. E-Tip

• 25 120gr. Accubond

• 6.5 140gr. Accubond

• 7mm 150gr. Accubond

• 30 135gr. Ballistic Tip

• 8mm 180gr. Accubond

• 8mm 180gr. E-Tip

• 338 200gr. Ballistic Tip

• Total voters
bludog":rodcn03m said:
7mm 120-130 gr AccuBond or E-tip next.

Smaller for caliber, tougher bullets are getting more and more popular.

I agree a tougher 120 7mm would be real nice for getting more passthroughs on deer

1shot.... keep your eyes open for the 140gr A-bond in .264 :grin:

I'm still thinking somewhere between a 110gr & 115gr A-bond in .264 would be nice.....???

How about a Partition- style bullet with a ballistic tip and tungsten material in the rear chamber, and a boat-tail design for better ballistic coefficient

Tungsten, being denser than lead would enable you to make a .308 bullet, with 180 gr. weight - in the length of a 168 gr.

Higher velocity

Harder hitting

Better expansion

Extreme penetration

No one else could touch that kind of technology.

If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes.

110 grain E tip for 25 caliber for those that can't use the lead AccuBond!!!!!!!! I still can but sadly I think our days with lead bullets are all numbered, 110 E tip would be a great addition and should have a good BC!!!!!

The tungeston thing has been done by Barnes already have never shot them becuase they make them in limited calibers, but cost would be an issue as tungeston isn't cheap and bullets would push the .80 each range quick!

When I travel to my hunting spot - I burn two tanks of gas round trip. Add to that the price of tags, $65 for processing a deer, clothing, boots, firearms, scopes & god knows what. When put into proper perspective - 80 cents for a bullet is pretty cheap.

If you want to save money - melt down wheel weights & make cheap bullets.

tkeveney":3sl3vy5c said:
When I travel to my hunting spot - I burn two tanks of gas round trip. Add to that the price of tags, $65 for processing a deer, clothing, boots, firearms, scopes & god knows what. When put into proper perspective - 80 cents for a bullet is pretty cheap.

If you want to save money - melt down wheel weights & make cheap bullets.

I don't think wheel weights are made of tungsten.

JD338

Wheel weights are made of lead indeed. But if cost is someone's primary criterion for choosing a bullet - wheel weights are the cheapest.

In a muzzleloader or straight wall pistol round would be great for paper :grin: However the 240 grn 44 JHP's are only $35/250 not worth casting at that price.

CC.

Many thanks for the new 6.5mm 140 grn AccuBond. It will be better than the 130 for intermediate application.

Still need a REALLY high BC bullet that will expand in a 6.5mm. A 155 or so AccuBond would Rock :grin: . I have a 1-8.5 twist so I can handle the 155 no problem or at least well depending on how long it is.

CC.

Back