What is wrong with people?

That's a B&C according to the listing. But still I agree whole heartedly doesn't make sense. Especially that M70 a put on the other day. They took a Stainless Classic in 22-250 did the right thing and made it an Ackley then threw it in a Ramline a freaking Ramline!

Can such a blunder be penalised? Maybe make them buy a box of 35 Whelen cases? :mrgreen:

Kurt I would suggest a beating about the head and shoulders with the wood stock he pulled off of it! :twisted: Sick, just sick!
David

I feel faint......................what was he thinking?

JD338

I hate to get in the way of some righteous outrage... but

I have the original stock but the butt is broken near the side plate

My guess is he wanted to sell it and had to put something on to get it marketable. That was probably the cheapest/easiest option.

Umm, oops! :oops: I got so fired up over a guy putting a plastic handle on a #1 I guess I didn't read the whole ad.

But man, if you can get a guy with multiple purple stocks fired up about a plastic handle on a classic single shot...

The only reason I might do something like that would be if I had a # with such a supremely gorgeous piece of wood that I didn't want it scarred up on a hunt. I do have a few Ruger #1 rifles in various configurations and yes, I do hunt with them. Seems to me like the nicer the wood the more scarred up it gets. They must be ding magnets or something. :(
Paul B.

Paul, they are ding magnets. My nicest firearms are always the ones that I am scratching, gouging, rubing blueing off or other bad things. The only good that comes from this is that they are terrifically nice guns to begin with and always will have class, no matter how scratched and dinged up they become, they still show their workmanship and pedigree forever!

Those Hogue overmolded stocks give you that extra grip for the heavy calibers with their harsh recoil. :lol:

The first thing I did with my Howa 7 WSM was order a McMillan do get rid of the Hogue that came on it.

Oldtrader3":3qm5s3ef said:
Paul, they are ding magnets. My nicest firearms are always the ones that I am scratching, gouging, rubing blueing off or other bad things. The only good that comes from this is that they are terrifically nice guns to begin with and always will have class, no matter how scratched and dinged up they become, they still show their workmanship and pedigree forever!

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. I do have a few rifles with McMillans an even a couple wit Ramlines but the wood stocked guns are the ones that really float my boat.
My ex-son in law is ao anal about his firearms that you don't dare pick one up for fear of putting a ding in the wood or scratching the blueing.
He has a Winchester M70 Featherweight in .257 Roberts and his son picked it up to hand it to him as we were getting ready to do another hunt. He bumped the rifle against something and when the Ex-SIL looked the gun over, there was the tiniest dent in the stock. He went totally ballistic and I do believe that is I hadn't been there he would have beat that kid. :( That's not the end of it. The next time he came to town, he stopped by and said he was going to Lawson's to have some gun work done and asked if I wanted to come along. I always like bugging my gunsmith so way not. The work to be done. He had my gunsmith complete refinish that stock because of that one tiny little dent. For the record, he's had that stock done two more times because he put a ding in it.
After the way I saw he blew up on his son, I now understand why my daughter left him. It was something she never would talk about. I can understand getting upset because I put a ding in one of my custom rifles or someone bumped it into something by accident but I never erupted into the rage he went into. A very eye opening insight into one human being.
Paul B.

Paul, man is he going to have a mid life crisis when all of his things have to be sold or are stolen from him! I figure that I came into this life with nothing and will leave somewhat the worse for wear and the same way, barefoot and broke.

It is nice to have nice stuff but the day will come for me in the not too distant future where I will have to sell all or most of my stuff and go live in a home where they can look after us. I already spent three years in such a home from near death illness.

Every moment that I can still own guns and use them is time that I appreciate and will use to its fullest. In the meantime, I just appreciate what I still do have and don't miss what I used to have.

Back