When you can NOT sell a good rifle........

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
What do you do when you can not sell your sako 75 in 300 RUM?

Attachments

• sako 75 300.jpg
    sako 75 300.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 1,200
Easy, buy its twin in 7mm RUM! Loneliness sux!

What a disease!!!!

Attachments

• sako 7 rum.jpg
    sako 7 rum.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,198
  • sako 7 rum 1.jpg
    sako 7 rum 1.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 1,198
Not a single one, though I have purchased two Tikkas as gifts for family members. I'm certainly shot a number of Sakos, and I consider them among the finest firearms I've been permitted to shoot.

While the good Dr has been influenced into purchasing a few Remington's, he has not yet been blessed by owning one of Finland's finest! He passed on a very nice older Sako Deluxe a while back (think it was a 358 Norma, before he had his built, but cannot recall for certain). I tried! (I guess I am just noticed the enabler that some others are! LOL)
If it had of been left handed it would have come home with me!
At least he got a Tikka for Noah!

Nice set of twins!

Will this lead to triplets? (338 RUm)
Or quadruplets? (375 RUM)

Will be trying these soon in both

Attachments

• exdc horn.jpg
    exdc horn.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,152
Just get higher rings play aft and fore with scope positioning or lowest turrets possible

What sorta speeds have you gotten from 175's and the 7 RUM Fotis?

It has to be a monster. Back about 10 years ago the local WalMart had a CDL in 7 RUM... it was beautiful and pretty cheap. I like those 7's...

SJB358":3j512mvb said:

It has to be a monster. Back about 10 years ago the local WalMart had a CDL in 7 RUM... it was beautiful and pretty cheap. I like those 7's...

Ya, I had a 700 CDL in .300 RUM.

For a while. Shot well, but it was a lot of cartridge in a pretty light rifle. It didn't stay around real long. I did appreciate the big cartridge though. Nice!

FOTIS - well, now you've got two of those nice rascals. Ought to be fun!

Guy

SJB358":90e50wim said:

This is what a good friend from New Mexico emailed me.

Fotis, in my 7rum I shoot 175 eldx Hornady a with 87 gr H1000 215 m Eldx's love jump so I'm loaded .038 off lands. Shoots 5 shot 3/8" @200 yards. Factory ss barrel 26" left hand action , HS stock 3105 fps es6 hammer with a bc of .729. Out shoots any Berger !!!

FOTIS":1fwubzsf said:
SJB358":1fwubzsf said:

This is what a good friend from New Mexico emailed me.

Fotis, in my 7rum I shoot 175 eldx Hornady a with 87 gr H1000 215 m Eldx's love jump so I'm loaded .038 off lands. Shoots 5 shot 3/8" @200 yards. Factory ss barrel 26" left hand action , HS stock 3105 fps es6 hammer with a bc of .729. Out shoots any Berger !!!
Factory ss barrel 26" left hand action , HS stock 3105 fps es6 hammer. Out shoots any Berger !!!

That's a terror of a load Fotis.

Fotis, of all the factory rifles I have had the privilege of shooting the one that I remember the best is my cousin's Finnbear in the 338win. It was as smooth as 20 year sipping Whiskey :wink:!
Very nice my Friend.

Blessings,
Dan

Back