where are the bullets.

fwood

Beginner
Jul 15, 2011
I look every day sometimes three times a day. Where are the bullets? Is nosler selling to federal and winchester instead of the reloader, where are the bullets? I see advertisements for fancy new rifles, what do I shoot. I don't want to hear, have you checked Shooters Pro Shop, THEY DON'T HAVE THEM. Midway doesn't have them, Brownells doest have them nor does anyone else. I Would just like someone at Nosler to tell me where are the bullets and who are they selling them to. Hornady makes junk mostly, but they are making it.

At the risk of offending the good folks who sponsor this spot for me to recreate, I will gently ask the same question. I have resorted to throwing Speer's for heaven sakes. o_O CL

Not sure what you are loading for, but I have frequently had luck with Grafs: https://www.grafs.com/nosler?page=1

Also, I have recently had the chance to drive cross-country pursuant to my recent bear hunt. As a part of that, my brother and I stopped at a large number of store we thought might have reloading components. Primarily, we were looking for primers and 300grain XTP in 44, but what I noticed was that very small quantities of Nosler bullets could be found scattered here and there. And, by small quantities, I mean for example, in one store was a single box of 7mm BT, and in another store, I found two boxes of 30 cal PT. I actually had a gentleman working behind the counter ask if I knew where he could find some 7mm BTs - I didn't find the box mentioned above until I crossed state lines.

I know NOTHING of how Nosler runs its supply system, fills orders, or whatever. I SUSPECT that the ammunition manufacturers get priority, because they buy orders of magnitude more components than your local reloading outfit, or even a place like Cabela's. That may be a contractual thing, or just business, again I don't know. Beyond that, again, I do not know, but I suspect that all the bullet manufacturers are still working backlog and dealing with shortages, both in terms of manpower and materiel.

Maybe someone with industry experience will set me straight.

What bullets are you looking for frim nosler? I tend to see a small supply at almost every shop i go into, nothing that i use but they are there.

An awful lot of shooters have been begging for 160gr Accubonds in .284. How's that for starters?

Ya, I've been able to find quite a few Hornady bullets in my local sporting goods stores, but Noslers have been scarce.

Fortunately I have a pretty good stash of hunting bullets. :)

Regards, Guy

I can’t believe the buying frenzy is as rampage now as within the past couple years.

The bullets are either going into loaded manufacturers ammo or the bullet companies aren’t producing as many for whatever reason…. ie: short staffed, cost/availability of copper and lead, keeping supply in check to keep costs up???

Who knows.

For whatever reason Hornady has kept up with supply pretty well through all of this. Unfortunately, Hornady has abandoned many of their good bullets for some calibers. I guess SST's and ELD type bullets take precedence.

A little disappointing that some of the other manufacture's haven't kept pace for whatever reason. Pretty much all of them but Hornady. Who knows all the reasons. I guess if they're running full bore as I keep hearing, there's not much else they can do.

Went to Cabela's (BPS) this afternoon....wont go back there for a long time. A few used rifles out, but the guys in the gun Library were sitting around with there feet on the desk because they know there is no way they're gonna sell anything at those prices! Never seen so many $1000 plus price tags on rifles! Many of 'em not worth half that. Here too, Hornady and "Berry's" were well represented. Nosler had maybe 3 boxes on the shelf- total. That may be Cabelas fault.... They are just up the road from Federal and there isnt much of that either.

AND- aparently I shoot an obsolete caliber. I did not see ANY .25 cal anything loaded or components.... some .20, .22, .30, . 32, 40, 6mm, 6.5, 7mm, etc. Sorry I already said too much...!

Went to Cabela's (BPS) this afternoon....wont go back there for a long time. A few used rifles out, but the guys in the gun Library were sitting around with there feet on the desk because they know there is no way they're gonna sell anything at those prices! Never seen so many $1000 plus price tags on rifles! Many of 'em not worth half that. Here too, Hornady and "Berry's" were well represented. Nosler had maybe 3 boxes on the shelf- total. That may be Cabelas fault.... They are just up the road from Federal and there isnt much of that either.

AND- aparently I shoot an obsolete caliber. I did not see ANY .25 cal anything loaded or components.... some .20, .22, .30, . 32, 40, 6mm, 6.5, 7mm, etc. Sorry I already said too much...!

The shop I posted about recently that has all the powder has plenty of boxes of the Hornady 25 cal 117 BTSP Interlock's. I've no idea of the prices without checking but if you're getting desperate let me know I can pick you some up and have them shipped.

I don't go to Cabela's as it's about a 120-130 mile one way drive into the Phoenix area. I did go maybe about 10 years back with the wife. Looked at their gun room and saw a Ruger Number One S that caught my eye. Well, it was in .300 Win. mag., 200th year model and the tag said $1,500. At the time I already had two S model in .300 Win. mag that were in nice shape, which this one was not. Metal had surface rust all over. Barrel looks like a rat's nest and the stock many knicks and gouges. Rode hard and put away wet would have been king. Talked to the clerk about the way too high price and he said it was 200th year gun and a serious collector's item. I told him I had two at home that looked like new, what would you offer for those. I thought he might pas out when I told hime one cost ,e $400 and I paid $500 for the other. I've since picked up one more and the price was $600 on that one but it's not a 200 year gun. All three are excellent shooters.
Frankly, even if Cabela's was to open a store here in Tucson, I doubt I'd go in their front door.
Paul B.

When it ceased to be a family operation and became another corporation, there was a definite change in the interaction with the customers. I haven't purchased from any of the Cabela stores here in Canada for years. More the pity.

The shop I posted about recently that has all the powder has plenty of boxes of the Hornady 25 cal 117 BTSP Interlock's. I've no idea of the prices without checking but if you're getting desperate let me know I can pick you some up and have them shipped.
Thanks Shade- but you know how it is with the 250 Sav. Those 117's would come out pretty slow. Holding out/ hoping for some 100gr BT's, and dreaming of the unicorn 85gr CT's. Cant get 100 gr Speers to shoot worth a darn. Fortunately Hornady makes 75gr's once in a while.... if I'm in the right place at the right time. They are a little light for game though. Will keep the offer in mind though. CL

When it ceased to be a family operation and became another corporation, there was a definite change in the interaction with the customers. I haven't purchased from any of the Cabela stores here in Canada for years. More the pity.
Yup- my thoughts as well. AND to quote Mr Hansum, my eighth grade science teacher, "shinny boats dont catch fish". CL

Probably the same place with the powders and primers. I do not get it. Maybe it's a ploy to get us used to .10 cents per cap instead of .03 like they were before.
I'd guess you are sadly, very correct. If they cant make it illegal they will make it impractical, or at least a bigger profit CL

Back