Which reticle?

lefty315

Handloader
Sep 29, 2004
I picked up a new Kimber 7mm-08 recently. It came with a new, but older model Leupold VX II, 3-9x40. The reticle is a duplex but the top verticle wire is thinner than the other three. This doesn't look like the German reticle they show on their website. Anybody know what it is?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 2,625
I do believe it's their version of the German #4. I had one in a new scope and got it changed because I didn't like it.

It is a German No. 4. Consequently, I note that this particular scope is still available with firedot illumination.

Post duplex, slightly different that German 4. It's a really nice reticle, it's a custom shop option on most of their scopes
e3425e08836361c37c4bed11e2cbccbc.jpg

3865acdf24f2066c74e68b148fff770d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, I thought it was different from the German but couldn't find it on their website. I put a VX 3 on the Kimber so this one will sit in the safe till I find a use for it.

blacktail 8541":2nvizpjt said:
Yes it is the post and duplex. I have one and it is my favorite.

Yup, same here. Had two of them. One in an 3.5x10 and one in a 6X. My only problem is the center is a little thick on the 6X for precise aiming at longer distances but for 500 and under it was very good in the hunting woods.

SJB358":2ihxjb8h said:
blacktail 8541":2ihxjb8h said:
Yes it is the post and duplex. I have one and it is my favorite.

Yup, same here. Had two of them. One in an 3.5x10 and one in a 6X. My only problem is the center is a little thick on the 6X for precise aiming at longer distances but for 500 and under it was very good in the hunting woods.
SJB358 is the post and duplex reticle thick as the heavy duplex reticle? Would you see any advantage with the post and duplex reticle over the standard duplex in heavy dark timber hunting? My question is because I have a Leupold VX3 2.5-8x36mm on my 375 Ruger Guide Gun that I use for elk hunting and hunt in heavy dark timber with it. Occasionally hunt in clear cuts with a 250yd. clearing but mainly in heavy dark timber.

My buddy has a heavy duplex on his .375, it's not as thick as the one in his scope.

Back