Which spotter for bullet ...

Kodiak

Handloader
Oct 4, 2006
for bullet-holes? I now have a Konus 20-60x80 spotting scope and it will find .45 cal. holes at 300 yds. in the best light. But no .223 holes at that distance.

I would like to get a nice one for around $450-500.

Any advice out there?

Jim, check out the Kowa's.. They are excellent scopes for the money. I have a 20x60 and can spot bullet holes at 300 with it and it also compares very well alongside my Swaro.

I've never looked through a Konus scope , but I suggest you try using a different target first . at longer distances I try to use white cardboard with a orange target dot , or maybe a small shoot-n-see target . light tan cardboard and a squirt of white paint , for the bullseye , works well at times too . try to avoid dark colors , blacks the worst , the bullet holes blend in even at 100 yds . I have a swaro 20-60x80 there are still days , when the mirage is bad , that I can't see bullet holes at longer distances . I'm going to buy a roll of the white paper table cloth stuff that is used at parties , off my catering friend. I think this and a target dot or small shoot-n-see will be the cats meow for seeing holes at long distance , and it should be cheap . Jim

Back