Whitetail drain plug

hunter24605

Handloader
Apr 30, 2016
I’ve seen a bunch of deer shot with broad heads of all makes and models, but this dang Muzzy HBX 4 blade hybrid is wicked...that’s the entrance hole, it exited through the off-side shoulder blade punching all the way for total arrow pass through. Approx 375 FPS at the bow. The buck was 25-30 yards. massive blood loss and trail like opening up a drain plug, and it crashed after 30-40 yards. I think if I touch it up with a sharpener, it’ll be good to go again. Especially grateful for the performance since I hit him high from the treestand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_1991.jpg
    IMG_1991.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 723
  • IMG_1992.jpg
    IMG_1992.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 723
  • IMG_1993.jpg
    IMG_1993.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 679
That certainly did the job. A fine looking example of Odocoileus virginianus. Good job, indeed!

Looks like a great broadhead. I like the four blade approach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Excellent! That thing is a deer-slaying broadhead!

Probably pretty much anything else well hit too.

Congrats!

Guy

DrMike":39g4oflx said:
That certainly did the job. A fine looking example of Odocoileus virginianus. Good job, indeed!

Thanks, although 3 of 4 people who've seen him comment on his goofy looking "long mule nose/nostrils"

hunter24605":2yujqs0r said:
DrMike":2yujqs0r said:

Thanks, although 3 of 4 people who've seen him comment on his goofy looking "long mule nose/nostrils"
Tagged Game is Beautiful!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congratulations on a nice buck. That Muzzy broadhead looks wicked. I'm a big fan of the Muzzy 100 gr 3 blade broadhead. My daughter used a Muzzy this morning to take a 9 pt buck. Double lung shot, low exit and a beautiful red carpet blood trail! The Muzzy is definitely Bad to the Bone.

JD338

JD338":1krs5a1f said:
Congratulations on a nice buck. That Muzzy broadhead looks wicked. I'm a big fan of the Muzzy 100 gr 3 blade broadhead. My daughter used a Muzzy this morning to take a 9 pt buck. Double lung shot, low exit and a beautiful red carpet blood trail! The Muzzy is definitely Bad to the Bone.

JD338
Congratulations to your daughter!

Nice job. What is the weight of that hybrid broad head? 100 or 125 grain?

Looks like it did a heck of a job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rednek rampager":25ztw1y4 said:

125 gr

hunter24605":1ivqvusc said:
Rednek rampager":1ivqvusc said:

125 gr
Thanks, I’m going to look around & see if I can find some of these.

With a wound channel like that most big game animals would not travel to far (y).

Congratulations.

Blessings,
Dan

Back