Why I Love My 358Win

Recoil is an interesting topic of discussion.
Everyone has a different tolerance to recoil, just like pain. Some won't admit it when their tolerance is lower than someone else but we all have our "limit".
Where it get interesting is when its "show time" during the hunt, you never feel it.

JD338

JD338":2ikmfxwd said:
Everyone has a different tolerance to recoil, just like pain. Some won't admit it when their tolerance is lower than someone else but we all have our "limit".
Where it get interesting is when its "show time" during the hunt, you never feel it.

JD338

The times I fired hot loaded Marlin Guide guns they were above my limit, maybe it was the stocks fit me so poorly. With my 375 Ruger some days it seems to kick hard other times not much at all, not sure really why must be a state of mind thing like after a hard days work.

The 358 Win is a great little round especially in a Browning BLR light, fast handling and powerful.

I really like my Ruger Hawkeye .358 Win with a Leupold Vari-XIII 1.75-6x36. I shoot 200gr Hornady PSP @ 2450fps.

11-21-09358Yote11.jpg

Thanks.

I had a Browning BLR .358 Win and when you first started posting about your Hawkeye I just had to have one. I am a Ruger lover anyways. I traded the BLR and got the Hawkeye, mine is very accurate too. Not as accurate as your's but MOA with the right stuff.

I always thought if I were to only have one rifle for everything, the BLR chambered in the .358 Winny would be about a sweet as any.
With that said, I knew a couple old bach. brothers in CO., that never used anything other than a 35 Rem. for elk. But they lived and breathed elk, and never had to shoot over 75 yds. of the 100+ head over 60 yrs of hunting. They hunted more as if they were carrying a bow.

On the way to work this morning I stopped by the range and shot the last four rounds I had loaded for my 358Win just to see how much adjustment I needed for sighting in my hunting load. I will move it two clicks to the right. Yep, I just love the 358win :)

34df7065.jpg

Great shooting Mike. That is certainly one dialed in 358 for sure. What load was that? The AB's or Sierra GK? Scotty

Mike,

It is certainly "minute of hog," (or "minute of bobcat") that's for sure.

JD338":2b4si0be said:

JD338

And some of us are just plain ole' masochists! :roll:

beretzs":1aymoenc said:
Great shooting Mike. That is certainly one dialed in 358 for sure. What load was that? The AB's or Sierra GK? Scotty

225gr G/K

That GK is pretty accurate in my BLR as well. Really is a great bullet at 358 speeds. Plus, you can't hardly beat the price. Scotty

I loaded up some "copper" bullets and was surprised to get 2510 fps over the chrony out of my Ruger Hawkeye 358.
I am bringing my son out to get his first bear this fall, the 358 will be the rifle he will be using.
I believe it will be enough to flatten the big blackies we get out here. 8)

Back