Win XPR 308

hunter24605

Handloader
Apr 30, 2016
It won't win any beauty contests, but I'm thoroughly pleased with what $420 got me. I know for a fact that the 4th shot was shooter error (overconfidence after the first three) Mechanically it's a solid performer and the Winchester MOA trigger is really nice. Topped off with an Athlon scope, I'm only about $650 in the total package. Now that Haley has out-grown her youth model 7-08, I think this 308 and the 125 gr NAB's will be a great setup for her.

Attachments

• IMG_1134.jpg
    IMG_1134.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 632
  • xpr_1.jpg
    xpr_1.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 632
Looks like a real shooter! I'll take function over looks any day. Friend of mine used that bullet in his 308 with very good results. Can't wait to see the pictures of her and the deer. Dan.

It looks like you have found a very nice load and I am sure that your daughter will appreciate this rifle (y).
Thank you for the post.

Blessings,
Dan

Thanks, guys. I can’t see where I can ask for much more from it. I guess if I wanted to chase more speed I could try, but I can’t see much advantage in it...The strange thing is, for whatever reason, I had it in my head that Reloder 15 is a bad choice for light bullets with the 308. I don’t know where I heard it, but in this case it wasn’t true. Hard to argue with a .325” group at 3131 fps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back