Winchester M70 .264WM

boomer68

Handloader
Oct 23, 2006
I am just getting ready to mount the scope and then start load development. I took the original factory plastic stock off and went with a Boyd laminate. Looks nice.

boomer68

Very nice indeed!
Let us know how she shoots.

JD338

Very cool rifle. I have a couple of .264s and love them. Great long range hunting rifles. 140gr partitions are the bullet. reflex264

The laminated stocks are great looking !

What are your plans for load devolopment with the 6.5 ?

Reflex - Tried any of the 140gr Accubonds yet ?

Great cartridge that is developing into a very attractive rifle. Good show.

I love the laminates. Each one is slightly different from the next in appearance so they are all unique. Very good looking and solid platform to build from. I had my son's Boyd's nutmeg laminate pillar and glass bedded, and we had a gal put checkering on it. It really looks sharp.

001.jpg

What barrel ? Length? Looks like a custom (blued action/ss barrel.)

My son and I both got Boyds lam stocks for Howa guns. His works great, groups out of the 243 are < MOA, my 22-250 opened up to about 2" +, put the original stock back on and shot 1/2" ish. I have some contact points or bedding to do to get it right. BTW it's the same Forest Green Lam color. I really like the look of that color.

Thanks, it is looking alot nicer that with the cheap plastic factory stock.

The rifle started as a 7mm RM Black Shadow, and the barrel was replaced with a Gaillard SS 26". I have some 140gr Berger VLD, 130gr AccuBond and 125gr Partition bullets. I also picked up a set of Redding Type S Match neck sizing dies.

Next step is figuring out what scope to put on it :?

I have a Leupold 4.5-14x40 (gunmetal) and a 3-9x40 (silver) that could be used.

Here are some before pictures

264win006.jpg

264win005.jpg

264win003.jpg

264win002.jpg

I am n fan of the Laminate per se, But those are really great looking rifles! Ive got a Stevens 200...maybe some day. CL

Nice rifle and good choice on the 264. I really like laminate stocks...Beauty and feel of wood, and just about as strong as synthetic...

Shoot the 140g VLD's or 130g AB's and you'll be set for anything.

My 264 Win Mag really loves Retumbo powder and the 130 AB. It will do 3350 fps from the 27 3/4' barrel.

i used to load Retumbo and a 130 AB in a pre 64 M70. It shot really well, was 3300FPS with a 26" barrel. That was a max load tho.

JT.

Back