Winchester Super Grade .30-06

Guy,
On the other hand; that's a chunk of $ that could be set aside for Africa. Between the cost of the rifle and glass that would add up to a trophy fee and shoulder mount of a Gemsbok.
Just thinking out loud........
Scott

I was thinking similar thoughts, a moose hunt in northern B.C. would come a bit quicker not buying it.

Agree.

It is really nice, but so is my 700 CDL, and not buying the Win 70 does put me $1k closer to a big hunt!

I really don't have to buy every nice gun I see.... :mrgreen:

I think it is hard to beat your CDL, they are one of the nicest looking guns out there, and they usually shoot well too :)

Guy,
For what is worth, seeing that you already have a pedestrian 30-06, you have no need for a Rifleman's rifle. It would just sit in the back of the safe collecting rust.
The 30-06 is a pedestrian caliber that can't knock the wings off a fly. You're better off without it.

Vince

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Vince":2sbl6om7 said:
Guy,
For what is worth, seeing that you already have a pedestrian 30-06, you have no need for a Rifleman's rifle. It would just sit in the back of the safe collecting rust.
The 30-06 is a pedestrian caliber that can't knock the wings off a fly. You're better off without it.

Vince

That's funny stuff right there Vince!! :grin: :lol: :mrgreen:

Maybe we should have a Guy Miner benevolent fund raiser and we each throw in $10.00 towards his Super Grade. :mrgreen: :shock:

I am in! Just remember me on my next WBY purchase! LOL!!!!!!

I have some Monopoly money I can contribute. :lol:

Guy, I think you owe it to yourself to get a nice rifle like that. If you didn't want another good old 30-06, you could always look at a 270 Win or WSM. Both of them would be a little different, plus, I bet Nosler has some 2nds you could dip into.

Nothing wrong with adding another 30-06 either Guy. I am sure that boy of yours is going to divest you of one of them soon enough anyhow!

Don't overlook the 270WSM. Flat like your 25-06 and hits like your 30-06 or better! Pretty easy cartridge to load for and ton's of great Nosler's to feed it. I know a couple of guys that could pass you some load data as well..

You've done a ton of good stuff in your life, if it isn't taking food out of your families mouth and you want it, why not... :twisted: :twisted:

SJB358":ronfjf4k said:
Guy,

You've done a ton of good stuff in your life, if it isn't taking food out of your families mouth and you want it, why not... :twisted: :twisted:
Guy I got my dream rifle and I'm having teeth pulled, so why not. :shock: :roll: :lol:

truck driver":3k0ma8up said:
SJB358":3k0ma8up said:
Guy,

Guy I got my dream rifle and I'm having teeth pulled, so why not. :shock: :roll: :lol:

Is that what it takes???? :shock: I may give up shooting!!!

Not really Dr Mike , I think I was trying to use a paradox if that's the right word. been too long since high school, couldn't afford college and Uncle Sam wanted me for South East Asia :!:

Back