Working at the public sight in....

cloverleaf

Handloader
Sep 10, 2006
Spent some time "working" at the "public sight in" at the gun club the weekend. Good people, and camaraderie trying to give folks who wouldnt otherwise have a chance, an opportunity to get a rifle or shotgun on target before firearms deer season opens next weekend. Wasn't part of any "scary" situations, (firearm safety is not as common sense as we would like to think.) Anyway, the fun stuff happened too. Helping a kid get sighted-in, thats fun :) . Met a guy who had a Lee Enfield, scope and mount, in 303 British. Didnt catch the whole story but said he was returning to hunting after a many year hiatus. He noted that he originally purchased the rifle, as a kid at some sort of auction. He noted that after first asking his Mom for permission, he was the winning bid at a whopping 8 dollars. He would later bring the rifle to his high school wood shop, where he completed a nice looking walnut colored stock that it still wore. I didint see his target, but he left a happy man, enthused about his upcoming hunt. Fun! CL

Thanks- its something that a friend who passed away last year, really got going, many years ago. I didnt do much. Check targets for people, offer .02 worth of free advice, adjust a scope occasionally, and usually really enjoy..... and the weather was really warm. Extra plus for me. If asked we have mounted scopes, bore sighted etc. Have lost so many friends in the last couple years who had so much knowledge. One of them, favorite things was helping folks get started w/ muzzle loaders. Wish a I could remember a third of the stuff he knew. Thanks John. CL

Attachments

• 1.2.18 422.JPG
    1.2.18 422.JPG
    284.9 KB · Views: 6
Back