Wow kiss da ABs?

Forgot to ask...what targets are they? I have been using the Hoppe's targets for years and have been satisified in general with them, but always felt there may be something better out there...I just haven't really seen one I thought was a marked improvement.

I am getting 3/4 inch groups out of my .257 Roberts with velocities at 3150 fps with factory loads and handloaded AB's. The .257 is freebored and full action length. I am still doing load development with Hybrid 100V.

I ordered some of those Thompson Targets a week ago. They showed up in the mail while I was actually at the range...lol. I'll be trying them in a few weeks.

These two were shot with my rifle & ammo. by a good friend (Michael)... earlier this month.
I couldn't hold steady enough on the day - must be my age.

One is a Sierra 100gn 1620 PH load (5 rds) & the other is my Nosler 110gn AB load (3 rds).
Says it all I think. ATB

Attachments

• K95 6.4.14 002.jpg
    K95 6.4.14 002.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 386
  • K95 6.4.14 004.jpg
    K95 6.4.14 004.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 386
That is truly delivering the goods. Excellent load delivered by fine riflery.

Yup. Those two groups really show how a good load can really deliver. Plus the driver is doing something really well too!

DrMike":1oj5s8dq said:
SJB358":1oj5s8dq said:
Yup. Those two groups really show how a good load can really deliver. Plus the driver is doing something really well too!

Aye, the shooting Michael did that day was way better than I could manage with the same batches of ammo. I couldn't drive them closer than around 1"....man that's frustrating! I reckon I was trying too hard. Then Mike said let me have a go, I did & without fuss he stuck those two groups in.
Range was 100yds. Handed me the rifle back & said 'nowt wrong with those loads laddie'.
ATB ET

ElmerThud":3va33axj said:
DrMike":3va33axj said:
SJB358":3va33axj said:

Aye, the shooting Michael did that day was way better than I could manage with the same batches of ammo. I couldn't drive them closer than around 1"....man that's frustrating! I reckon I was trying too hard. Then Mike said let me have a go, I did & without fuss he stuck those two groups in.
Range was 100yds. Handed me the rifle back & said 'nowt wrong with those loads laddie'.
ATB ET

And he spoke the truth in that.

Back