WT buck 2009

jtoews80

Handloader
May 19, 2007
Well, it isn't huge, but it is a decent 4X4 and it will be tasty. First decent buck since 05. Shot at 50yds broadside, with my grandpa along for the fun. Cleaning wasn`t so much fun, it was -26 C this morning when I shot it.

jpics250.jpg

jpics249.jpg

Browning A bolt 7mm STW with 3.5-10X40 VX III

160 AccuBond over 93 grns of WC 860 3060FPS, W-W case and Federal 215. Bullet entered high shoulder, caught the rear 2 inches of blade and destroyed 3 vertabrae, exit wound was half inch.

In other news, I missed 3 coyotes today with 3 different guns...... :oops:
Might have to work on that.

JT.

Looks like there is already a hunting pics thread. Please delete this one and I`ll repost in the correct forum.

Great buck, and all the greater when taken under extreme conditions. Sorry about the coyotes, though.

JT,

Nice buck for sure, congratulations buddy!

JD3387

Nice Buck Man!! No worries, weather that cold the yotes will be hungry....try agin' once youve had a chance to warm up!! CL

Real nice buck. One good thing though....even at that temp your hands must have been warm while dressing him out :lol:

Long

Nice looking buck ! I don't have much WT experience, but he looks nice and heavy.....
Yotes should be easy to find for the next day or two for further practice... where did you dress him out again ???? :grin:

Congrats on a nice buck, it looks like you have a lot of coyotes one province west of us :)
Here in Saskatchewan there is a $20.00 bounty on them.
Last Sunday we saw 5 before 9:00am only got one as we were still trying to get a good buck.
Now that the season is over we are going to try and make a weekly hunt for dogs.

Blessings,
Dan

I dressed him in the yard. With the luxary of a skid steer field dressing is only a worst case scenario. If I do it in the yard I generally will skin out and then remove the head and remove the entrails last. IT gets alot less hair on the meat.

Somebody hit a doe crossing the road onto my dad's field and I picked up another roadkill that was fairly close and those went into a little coulee that we generally dump whatever waste we get off game animals into.

SO, the yotes have a fair buffet, with the only pricetag being it's got a clear line of sight to 200yds. :twisted:

JT.

Back