Yes, I'm infected and I found the cure!

How about a Meopta Meopro 4.5-14X44 with your choice of reticule? I believe they are the same as the old Zeiss Conquest like I have. One great scope.

truck driver":u9e8rgg9 said:
How about a Meopta Meopro 4.5-14X44 with your choice of reticule? I believe they are the same as the old Zeiss Conquest like I have. One great scope.

That makes sense, Meopta used to make many of the parts for the Conquest.

Well I picked it up today and it's beautiful I'll post pictures when I get a chance. The action is probably the smoothest I've ever touched. Just gotta figure out dies mount and scope now with some time to play with it. I'm really impressed and the trigger is to die for.

It's getting the HD5 5-25X50 Z-Varmint reticle with Lockable Target Turret. Mounted on a Talley Picitinney rail and 1" rings.

Nice, should be a sweet set up Jake. That is a very cool rifle and cartridge.

nvbroncrider":2hdp299x said:
It's getting the HD5 5-25X50 Z-Varmint reticle with Lockable Target Turret. Mounted on a Talley Picitinney rail and 1" rings.

Sounds like a great find, Jake. Congratulations. This should be a great setup.

Well I finally shot it and I think I got some kinks to work out but it's a fun little rifle. And it shoots well. If only the nut did his job as well.

I'm seeing pressure at mid book loads and the fired cases that came with it had load data inside that was 2.3 gr below book min. I think what is going on is these are 6mm BR Norma cases and they are .040" longer than the original 6mm BR Remington. So my guess is that I need to shave about .50" off each case and my pressure issues will go away. That's my only guess.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 323
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    862.1 KB · Views: 323
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 323
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 323
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 323
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    438.3 KB · Views: 323
I like your bench rest Jake (y). I can't help you with the pressure problem but it sounds like a real tight chamber.

Back