Your "most used" rifles???

Thanks for the compliments. I had this rifle made for me. Double square bridge action with the bolt on the wrong side, 24" Pacnor super match barrel with 1/10 5 groove twist, exhibition grade Turkish walnut stock that was measured and bent for me, Smithson scope mount and 3x12 Schmidt & Bender scope. It now has all of the bluing worn off the bottom metal and bolt knob, worn bluing on the barrel, dents and scratches all over the stock. I think it looks better now than when new. It works flawlessly all the time and the scope can take a pounding and never lose zero. It has a bdc turret that I have memorized the settings for each bullet weight. The number count of animals is due to the culling I do each year. I like it and have been fortunate enough to meet people who allow me to do that for them. I just got back from Namibia and shot 61 wildebeest and gemsbok. I was in Zimbabwe in November and shot 55 zebra, wildebeest and kudu. I shot 21 white tails this past season. I shot 4 red stags in Patagonia last summer. The numbers add up over time. For me, I wanted 1 rifle that I can do anything with. I chose the .30-06 because it is so versatile and has enough power to perform any task.

I don't think photo bucket is working for me again . if the pics don't show up I'll edit them in when I can .

I think I got it .

I use a weatherby MKV in 7mm rem mag for a lot of my big game hunting . I killed two caribou with it in Kuujjuaq Canada . I killed a moose with it in Newfoundland . I've killed a few elk with it in western States . I'd say it's my go to for bigger game hunting trips . the rifle has a VX3 , 4.5-14 AO scope . I like the rifle , I have confidence in it , and I shoot it pretty well . a 160 grain AccuBond at 3100 FPS seems to be hard on the game I hunt .

I use a Tikka 595 in 7mm-08 for about all my whitetail hunting . it has killed a lot of deer . I now have a 2-12 VX6 scope on it . I just use a 139 grain BTSP hornady bullet at about 2900 FPS . I did put an adjustable cheek piece on it to help me get behind the scope . I like the rifle and it shoots well . I've just noticed the only pics I have of this rifle are last years hunting season .

I've been really interested in long range shooting this year . I need to finish up a few projects around the house and get back at it . I use a 338 Lapua tan rifle , and a 7mm-08 green rifle . I'm still getting beat up by the wind , but I've shot a few good groups . the last time out I shot about 5.5" at 1108 yards with the Lapua .

I have my Grandpap's rifle and shotgun . I'll never sell them , but I'm not sure how much I'll use them either . Grandpap and Dad were one rifle and one shotgun for everything . they bought remington 760 pumps in 30.06 back when Sears sent them right to the house . they were both open sight hunters . I did put a scope on it . Grandpaps shotgun is a winchester model 12, in 12 gauge .

FOTIS":2vmnd9z4 said:

I need to get away from photo bucket . I even have a thread on here saying this . they pound me with advertisements so hard that I don't think the sight works right . earlier today I could not get photobucket to allow me to copy the picture link . the other day I was going to post a pic , but photo bucket locked up my computer .I got a pop up that wanted me to call a number , and for a fee they would tell me how to correct the problem . I pulled the plug , then restarted and it's working ok . nothing but scams .

Jmm,

What a great chunk of lumber and great rifle. Outstanding set up and that thing has to be an extension of you by this time.

My Model 70 XTR .264 Win Mag that I had Cerkoke put on and restocked in HS Precision. It went from wood and blue steel to a all weather rifle. It is my Deer & Antelope Rifle.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    465.7 KB · Views: 1,820
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    614.2 KB · Views: 1,820
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    110.8 KB · Views: 1,820
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    65.5 KB · Views: 1,820
Ruger Mark ll SS in 338 WM with a different trigger. Has seen the most use in the since the 90s. Shoots good and built like a tank. It's killed whitetails to bison.

Rem 700 ADL .243 Win
Rem Ti stocked bedded and floated
Fluted bolt, alum shroud, fluted steel firing pin
3.0lbs trigger
Talley LW's
Leupold Mark AR 3-9x40
Krylon Camo

Steel out to 800yds and critters galore but nothing real far yet

Attachments

• IMG_1092 small.jpg
    IMG_1092 small.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 1,817
My favorite rifle for the last decade or more has been a Sako 75 FinLite in 7mm-08. It's been shot by far more than any of my other rifles with the exception of rimfires.

I have a Tikka 6.5x55 that's been starting to get the nod more and more. It got hunted more last fall than any other. We'll see what this next year will bring.

jmm,

Great rifle! Lots of character and memories in that firearm!

Great to another lefty here, or as I like to put, another shooter in his "right mind"!

My custom Sako in 7MM STW mentioned above is built on the LH Model AV.

That old model 99 in 300 savage doing what it does best. My son's first buck.
image111.jpg

Not the same grade of wood that Jmm has on his but, a nice chunk of lumber nonetheless
DSCN2356.jpg

That same rifle scoped and slinged
DSCN3606.jpg

The rifle with the most field time by me, a Mannlicher Schoenauer in .270
DSCN4798.jpg

I dig them all Chuck but that Mannlicher is pretty danged cool.

That's very cool your boy using that 300. Wasn't too long ago it was the 300 everyone wanted.

Carried more over the years and taken more game with this than any other rifle.

In recent years, I'm more likely to grab one of my bolt guns. The 270WSM has accompanied me frequently:

The same is increasingly true for the 9.3X64 Brenneke:

The one rifle that is/was most used is a model 94 my Grandfather got in 1906 or thereabouts. I haven't shot it that much lately but, I do need to get it out to the range just because.
I usually carry either one of my 25-06's or my 6.5x55 Swede. For elk, I take the 264 WM with a Tikka T3 308 for back-up.

The Swede:

Does this with 142 ABLR:

One of the 25-06's:

The other 25-06:

The Model 94:

The wood is too nice on that Model 94. Has to be sweet just to handle the old war horse! (y)

DrMike":drt8ti4b said:
The wood is too nice on that Model 94. Has to be sweet just to handle the old war horse! (y)

For sure! That rifle is very nice.. Talk about honest wear from a hard working rifle.

Bbear - you have some very nice looking rifles! (y)

Glad you take such pretty rifles out to hunt!

Guy

According to family 'legend' (and I don't know the truth on it), that 94 took the last grizzly shot in Lemhi County, Idaho back in the teens/20's. Barrel is stamped "30 Win". 22" barrel. Sweet handling rifle.

Guy, I always felt that a rifle should look good as well as shoot good. No reason to leave them in the safe!

Back