Burris Warrenty

JD338

Range Officer
Staff member
Nov 4, 2004
Anyone have any experience with Burris, their warranty and Customer Service?
I have a Burris 2x7 handgun scope (bought used with a T/C Contender barrel) that has loose turrets. I sent it back to the factory on 7/21 and called 7/31 to make sure they got it. (Before I sent it in, I called Burris Customer Service and was told I didn't need a RMA#, send it in with a letter explaining what the problem is). The woman in CS told me that there were many boxes to go through yet and to call the following day. I called again on 8/1 and spoke with a man in CS who said that there were still a couple dozen boxes that needed to checked in. He assured me that my scope was among those still not checked in and should be on the log by Monday, 8/4.
Once I am logged, it will be a 2-3 week turnaround for repair.

All I can say is that you can't beat the service from Leupold.

JD338

+1 JD. I have sent one Burris back that had a loose reticle. It took about two to three weeks to get it back. Not bad, but not really great compared to Leupold.

I just sent back 4 Leupold QR bases for my Contender barrels last week. These had levers that I could turn all the way around if I tried hard. I called and told the company, and they said to send them in. I did, and I received 4 new bases in the package about 5 business days after I sent the old ones! Just one of many examples of how Leupold is the best for CS. That is $200 of free stuff. They were not refurbished, or partial pieces. It was 4 brand new packages.

I was in Bassproshop the other day and bought my son a new Leupold Rifleman 3x9 for his birthday. At checkout the girl asked me if I wanted to purchase the upgraded warrenty. :eek: :lol:
I told her, "You don't understand, this is a Leupold, that means there is no better warrenty, and that's why I'm buying it."

+1 for the leupolds. A friend sent his Burris back twice and it still isn't right. He gave up on it.

Unless your product is Leupold, pray it breaks in the beginning of the year. That way you have a chance to use it by Fall for hunting. :evil:

Well, like I have said before, I am a Leupold fan. I bought this scope second hand along with a T/C Contender barrel. Since they have their Lifetime Warranty, I decided to send it back for repair.

From what I have seen so far, I will never buy a Burris anything. In fact, I think I am going to put a Leupold 2.5x8 on my T/C Contender.

JD338

longwinters":2gracvbl said:
Hey JD,

What is the caliber on that new barrel?

Long

Long,

Its my SSK barrel in 6.5 JDJ.

JD338

UPDATE 8/7-

I called Customer Service and was told that they are behind. It will take a few days to get all the packages checked in. I told Larry that I spoke with him back on 8/1 and was told the same thing. He took my name and number and would have someone get back with me to confirm that they have my scope.

Well, I just called again and spoke with Larry. He seemed surprised that one of the girls had not called me back. He took my name and number again and was going to have someone call me in the morning.

Unbelievable, I'm just trying to confirm that they have the scope.
At this point, I'm thinking I should have it back by X-Mas!

JD338

JD,

That absolutely STINKS !!

I could walk in and see if anyone actually works around there...... That's too bad... I've had my eye on one of the Tac Fullfield scopes for the VTR thinking it would match the green stock quite nicely......Would also be nice to see the money somewhat stay close to home.....

I can pretty much GURANTEE that won't happen now :evil:

Good Luck.....

That totally sucks Jim!! Not the first bad expereience I've read from someone reguarding Burris customer service though. Funny though that certain places praise certain brands... If you put this on a different board, you'd probly raise a hornets nest. You would have some saying there service with leupold was crap or this or that happened, they got a bad scope and leupold couldn't fix it or some BS story. Point is I guess every place can let a product slip from QC, but its really all how they go about fixing it and taking care of the customer in the end.

I wont buy a Burris scope again as the fullfield 3-9 w/bal plex that I bought wasn't 1/2 as clear as I thought it should be. Real fuzzy around the edges past 5x or 6x. I didn't even bother sending it back, I traded my dad for a 3-9 leupold vx2. He didn't seem to notice the burris to be that bad, but my younger eyes could definately tell the difference.

Leupolds warranty and customer service is second to none. Fortunately for me, I haven't had to use there warranty for anything.

Just got home from U of M Hospital in Ann Arbor, my Dad had heart surgery. He is doing fine.

No message from Burris, Larry in Customer Service promised me that I would get a call. Again, all I am trying to confirm is that they have my scope.
I really don't think I am asking for much here.

Well, I think I am going to elevate this at Burris on Monday. Guess you could say I'm in the mood.

JD338

JD,
I'm guessing you shipped it pony express without delivery confirmation. If not you should be able to pull a tracking ID and at least make sure it got there?
I'm thinking I'd absolutely hate to see what their receiving dept looks like. That place isn't that big of building.

( Good to hear your Dad is doing ok ) !!

To let them know how bad their customer service is try this.

Find a box with a flip top lid.
On the inside of the lid write; Your customer service is.
Underneath that phrase, draw an arrow that points to the inside of the box.
Take a dump in the box.
Wrap in up tight and express mail it. :grin:

I hate when these company's give you the B.S. They must think that buy giving lip service you'll go away. I had the same problem with Delta airlines. Same B.S. (I'll get to that another day). I think the best is to tell everyone you can about the bad service and that will get them in the end as no one will buy or use there product. Enough ranting for now.

Antelope_Sniper":2ccml208 said:
I think it's time to see if Larry has a boss...But then again, his name is probably either Moe or Currly.

Larry's boss has a boss. Thats where I am going to start cutting wood. :wink:

JD338

6ppcar":38rr9cdu said:
I would much rather have a used Leupold than a new Burris.

I'm with ya. Like I said, I got the scope and the barrel. If I were going to go buy a scope, it would be a Leupold.

JD338

8/11 UPDATE-

Burris has my scope. Turnaround time will be 2weeks. Getting the name of the supervisor was a bit of a challenge and they would not give me the last name. They don't want to give out that information, which tells me that Bob must not like getting phone calls regarding their customer service.
I will keep you fellas posted with an update on Sept. 1.

JD338

Back