Burris Warrenty

Being in the sales/service side of life for a living probably makes me a bit jaded, but it sounds to me like Burris has forgotten who pays the bills around there. I had an issue with a scope ring of theirs (it was cut at an angle, making it useless for my non-angle cut rifles and scopes), and it took literally months for them to ship out a replacement. I like their signature rings, but I doubt I'll use them again, just because I don't care for their attitude toward the customer.

I keep hearing in the back of my head, "If I treated my customers this way, they'd leave."

It's amazing what passes for customer service these days. I will have a report on Bushnell at some point, as I have a perfectly good, serviceable scope, that has a tiny air bubble in one of the lenses, way down near the edge. It doesn't affect the utility of the scope at all, as I have shot several hundred rounds under it, with no troubles. I called them, and the nice fellow on the other end of the line said they'd be happy to take it in and look at it, and it'd be a couple of weeks total time door to door. I'll see about it after hunting season. I'll definitely report it here.

Good luck with your situation, Jim.

JD, Did you ever get your scope back from Burris? :?
It looks like I will be sending a scope into them as well, and was wonder how things finally ended?

Antelope_Sniper

No, not yet.
I called Danna Shaffer in Customer Service on 8/28, she advised me that
there were no notes on my scope. She would check and for me and asked me to call back on 9/2. It shouldn't be too much longer and my scope would be sent out. Turn around time is now running 5-6 weeks.

I called her back 9/3, still no tech notes, she was going to check into the status and call me back.
All she had was that my scope was checked in on 8/8. I reminded her that I sent my scope into them on 7/21. Donna said that they were really backed up, had a 2 week shutdown for inventory and that they have been really far behind.

I'll keep you posted. Good luck with your scope. I wouldn't count on getting it back quickly for hunting season. If you need some glass, go buy yourself a Leupold for this season.

JD338

JD,
I thought about you last week as I was less than a quarter mile from Burris. Thought about stopping in, but figured it would only make things worse....

Powerstroke":288kc0yq said:
JD,
I thought about you last week as I was less than a quarter mile from Burris. Thought about stopping in, but figured it would only make things worse....

How? by telling me that the CS is located in the outhouse. :lol:
No call back today, I will give Miss Donna a call tomorrow.

JD338

I never got the call back from Burris yesterday so I called Burris today and was advised that my scope is waiting for tear down.
Then they will rework the Guide Tube. I was told that my scope "should" be ready to ship back to me next week. Danna asked me to give her a call 9/8-9/9 and she will have an update for me.

JD338

After several calls on 9/8, 9/9 and 9/10, Burris has repaired my scope and it is shipping today. There was even some talk of replacing it with a new scope but they didn't have stock so they rushed the repair.
I will give you fellas a full report once I get it back.
Man, what an adventure!

JD338

And the seas have parted :shock:

JD, I have a check in the mail to you too....... :wink:
Good to hear it's finaly on its way back for some good use....

Powerstroke":12nwzszn said:
And the seas have parted :shock:

JD, I have a check in the mail to you too....... :wink:
Good to hear it's finaly on its way back for some good use....

I actually did get a call from Donna this afternoon telling me that they were going to ship out my scope via UPS today. She told me no less that 5 times that she would call me, Her assistant Jan also told me today that she would give me a call but never did. I think they fixed it because I was a real PITA.

Powerstroke, thanks for the check, the funds were electronically transfered. :shock: :wink:

JD338

A_S,

I was told that the tech that repaired my scope is really good.
Lets just hope so.

JD338

Please let us know how it turns out. I just mailed them my Fullfield II 4.5-14x42 yesterday. Looks like I better buy something else if I want to hunt with that rifle this year

smokey262":3mbet91i said:
Please let us know how it turns out. I just mailed them my Fullfield II 4.5-14x42 yesterday. Looks like I better buy something else if I want to hunt with that rifle this year

smokey262,

All I can tell you is that they are very busy. Turn around time is running 5-6 weeks.Donna Shaffer is running the repair center, ph # 970 356 1670.
Her supervisor's name is Bob, never did get his last name.

If you want a scope for this season, go get yourself a Leupold. :wink:

JD338

The Burris 2x7 handgun scope arrived today via UPS.
They replaced the turrets and realigned the reticle. Appears to be in good working order.

JD338

JD, If they are really that busy what could be the reason. Not enough techs to fix the product or a lot of broken scopes. hum :?:

russ808":fzulk2dv said:
JD, If they are really that busy what could be the reason. Not enough techs to fix the product or a lot of broken scopes. hum :?:

russ,

I do not know how many techs they have but I do know that there have been a lot of scopes sent back to the repair dept. That should tell you something! :wink:

JD338

I mailed my scope to Burris on 10-SEP-2008, they received it on the 15th, and shipped me a brand new scope on the 25th. It arrived today, 1-OCT-2008

I am pleased with their service.

Back