280 AI dies Which one?

Greg Nolan

Handloader
Nov 25, 2004
I went to order some 280 Ackley Improved dies and discovered there are different versions of the wildcat. I'm going with the SAAMI spec chambering like Nosler uses. What die set should I be ordering?

Are there more than the two popular styles, 30* and 40*? Maybe RCBS or Redding offers the style you need.

Mine also is the Nolser clambering & I am using RCBS :wink:. They were available around here & it is difficult to get Redding dies in these parts.

Blessings,
Dan

The Redding serices C neck die 82428 set is what I use. Ordered from Sinclair and not cheap. This seating die creates rounds that are sub MOA and that is good enough for me. The bushing dies are supposed to be that much better, but I have not tried them.

Greg,

You need to order Redding or RCBS 280 Ackley Improved dies. These are to the Nosler SAAMI spec.

JD338

Thank you, I ordered the Redding dies in 280 Ackley improved. I ordered some Nosler brass and I'll try fire forming the WW nickel plated brass later.

Greg Nolan":18vn1laa said:
Thank you, I ordered the Redding dies in 280 Ackley improved. I ordered some Nosler brass and I'll try fire forming the WW nickel plated brass later.

Perfect!
Greg, you are going to be all set. Looking forward to hearing about your range results.

JD338

Greg Nolan":2497rveu said:

Great choice! I went with the Redding competition micro-seating die, and full length sizer. If you got the standard seating die, that's cool too. Those you can also get replacement stems that are micro-seaters.

The Redding bushing dies kind of intimidated me, I just didn't want to go there.

Back